marsod61's config

Y

yigido

I prefer to use an antivirus solution. It can be free. (Avira Free is my recommend, use offline installer)
You should add an adblocker to your Firefox. Here is uBlock.
I recommend to use these two extension, too. WOT and HTTPS Everyhwere.

You can use CCleaner for cleaning your computer from junk files. It is free.
These are my recommends to you. I hope you will enjoy here in MT! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

marsod61

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 7, 2015
Thanks for your suggestions Yigido! As soon as my computer is clean again I will take actions :)

Reactions: yigido

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Enable UAC
To turn UAC on or off
  1. Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg
    , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

2. Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click OK.
      18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_48.jpg
      If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.

• To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click OK.
      If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    For more information about your notification options, see What are User Account Control settings?

L

LabZero

Enable UAC
To turn UAC on or off
  1. Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg
    , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

2. Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click OK.
      If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.

• To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click OK.
      If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    For more information about your notification options, see What are User Account Control settings?
Great explanation !:)

Reactions: scot

marsod61

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 7, 2015
Thanks all,

Malware is gone (Thanks TwinHeadedEagle). μBlock is installed. I don't think I need WOT or https Everywhere. UAC was already enabled on the second highest level. Malwarebytes Anti-malware is installed, and when the trial exceeds, I will install Avira.

Reactions: LabZero
Y

yigido

Thanks all,

Malware is gone (Thanks TwinHeadedEagle). μBlock is installed. I don't think I need WOT or https Everywhere. UAC was already enabled on the second highest level. Malwarebytes Anti-malware is installed, and when the trial exceeds, I will install Avira.
I strongly recommend you to add HTTPS Everywhere to your browser. HTTPS Everywhere is a Firefox, Chrome, and Opera extension that encrypts your communications with many major websites, making your browsing more secure.
and you should consider a browser protection maybe because (you said "I am medium user")
Look at Bitdefender TrafficLight, maybe you will like it. IT has decent blocking skills against phishing sites and malware sites, and it has tracker blocker too.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Silverlight can be remove unless you do something via that plugin as its primarily on Microsoft based websites only as far I know.

An optional suggestion is adding password manager like Lastpass to store passwords or other sensitive information securely.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.