Matousec Online Payments Threats Comparative Testing - Round 2

NathanF1

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
Matousec said:
We have performed a second round of Online Payments Threats comparative testing. The first testing revealed that security unaware users using security products in their out-of-box configurations are, in most cases, not protected against malicious techniques of financial malware. This was the reason, together with the fact that several vendors have introduced new features to fight financial malware in their recently released solutions for the year 2013, why we have performed another similar comparative testing.

For the second round, we have used the same set of 15 tests, but we have made some significant changes to the testing methodology assuming much more security aware users to be the target consumers. We have tested 10 Windows desktop security products and it could be said that three products succeeded this time, namely avast! Internet Security 7, Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 and Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 performed well. On the other hand, five out of ten products failed complely.

See the complete report for more information about this testing.

The first round report, conducted back in July, is available here

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It would be great if they tested Zemana AntiLogger Free in the next Round as well as keeping Trusteer Rapport in their tests.

Kaspersky is a powerful suite.

D

Deleted member 178

Earth said:
It would be great if they tested Zemana AntiLogger Free in the next Round as well as keeping Trusteer Rapport in their tests.

Kaspersky is a powerful suite.

i wish to know its resources usage & responsiveness for 2013 release people said it is quite light

edit: i will try it now ^^

edit 2: my giveaway licesne got on fb doesn't work "not valid region"...Kaspersky and me really really don't fit together :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.