Office suite: Microsoft Office 2007
PDF reader: ABBYY Transformer+, Foxit PhantomPDF 7, Infix 6
Compression tools: PowerArchiver 2016
IM: Skype
Cloud services: Google Drive
VPN: Express VPN
Download manager: Internet Download Manager
Utilities: Hard Disk Sentinel, IrfanView, Splash, Driver Easy, Winstep Xtreme

Sorry for my English. Please send me suggestions and tips.

My new configuration.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Sorry for my English. Please send me suggestions and tips.

My new configuration.
Nice Config, not much will get through it, I would recommend a sandbox program (e.g: sandboxie) and do you have a firewall?

Reactions: maximus

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
You could re-add the uBlock Origin ad-blocker in your browsers, since advertisements, even though beneficial to websites, tend to increase resource usage in browsers. You could of course whitelist sites which you trust or you visit regularly and don't mind seeing advertisements on.

Acronis True Image is a powerful system imaging/backup application. I recommend you also create an Acronis Bootable CD or USB stick ("Acronis Bootable Media") to backup and restore your system more effectively. Make sure you have available clean system images so that no matter what kind of malware infects you, you'll always have a backup plan. :D

Also I consider KeePass as one of the best password managers out there. A very good advantage of this program is that it is open source - if people don't trust it, they can just inspect its code, and even compile it themselves. Also its security layers and features are extremely powerful.

That would be it, as far as I'm concerned. You already have a mighty config! If you want those little extras here and there, you can use the suggestions posted by other users and look around MalwareTips for more tips, software, and other information. :p

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Double protection ;)
Changed:
(ublock, Adblock Plus) removed.
Double protection? Its not needed, because you have AdGuard which is said to be the best adblocker for now. And having other two adblockers which are also excellent may cause your computer for extra resource to your browser, and sometimes you may encounter high CPU usage for the same purpose. You have an excellent security software EIS which covers oyur computer like bouncers ;). So having Adguard and EIS is perfect for your system and covers all rooms!
Well indeed you removed them its a good step though.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.