Maxthon Cloud Browser 4.0.0.2000 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
New Features:
1. Cloud Push: supports sending text, images, websites/links and tabs to Mac, Android and Windows operating systems.
2. Cloud Tabs: lets you pick up where you left off by automatically syncing your tabs to Android, iOS or Mac devices.
3. Cloud Download: supports downloading files in various formats and uploading them to 'My Cloud' for backup on any device.
4. Supported registering/logging in Maxthon Passport with phone numbers

Improvements:
1. Improved the page loading speed
2. Optimized the memory usage

UI Improvements:
1. Brand new UI design

Source: http://forum.maxthon.com/redirect.php?tid=83812&goto=newpost#newpost

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I downloaded the Portable version and I have to say the new UI is a sweet mix of Chrome, Firefox and IE. Great effort by the Maxthon team! :D

The Cloud service is an unique feature to Maxthon and it's users, even if larger Corporations have similar services.

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
im on maxthon browser now testing it out not to bad its fast, can have multi pages open, but importing bookmarks isnt that great tho but overall a nice change from IE Firefox Chrome

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
This version is very unique unlike most of the other browsers.
Its default engine is Apple Webkit but you can change it to use IE's engine if a page doesn't load correctly.

It is kind of complicated compared to Maxthon 3, everything is moved around. I'm still testing it out but still haven't found all of the basic functions. It doesn't seem to support skins and has limited add-ons.

Windows 8 users should love this browser since it has the same style.

I'm still not sure if I like it better than Maxthon 3.

Thanks.:D

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
yes the settings in on hte right hand side now instead of the left.
it retains most of the functionality of version 3 with few things like skinng removed and cloud features added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.