Battle Maxthon vs Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
I am a old user of Google Chrome today i tried Maxthon & really i am liking Maxthon very much.
Whats your opinion, Please give reason for which one you like.

S

starchild76

after reading this threat I decided to give maxthon a spin : after install it kept crashing on me : fatal error , so its a piece of crap in my book , it does take some time to load the main page....chrome is definately faster on my laptop and the most important it is stable and does not crash!!

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Maxthon is a whole lot faster than Chrome on my old system. But it really badly needs a session manager to restore tabs after crashes. The extension store for Maxthon has LastPass, but a lot is missing.

If you don't care about no session manager, go for it with Maxthon.
The opposite was true, at least for me, when I'd tried Maxthon's portable version on our (3) different Windows systems. I hadn't realizedo_O before (when Maxthon would mysteriously:eek: disappear from XP & Windows 8.1) a "session manager", meant to assist after crashing, Maxthon did not have.:oops: Now it makes more sense.:rolleyes: I used to have difficulty w/older Chrome/speed lacking on the old XP,
..but I digress. Chrome (portable) is quite a bit faster on our Windows 7 & 8.1 systems even while using between 5 - 7 browser extensions & 3 open tabs!:)
Maxthon includes its own AdHunter which works great.
Yes it has limited add-ons but includes enough features by default compared to other browsers and is much faster.

It depends on the user's preferences to which is best. Why not use both?

If you just want a light fast browser with with basic functions then you can not go wrong with Maxthon.
If you are an extension freak, then Google Chrome will suit your needs much better.

Enjoy!! :D
@Littlebits, you're right. I am a freak!:p (for those pesky extensions).;) They are like spouses, they want you not to spend money, but they can shut down your surfing too. I'm j/k!:D Seriously though, I subscribe to the 'Why not use both?' philosophy, and I'd definitely try Maxthon again ..in a more perfect future.:)
Maybe I can even go extension-less, in Dark Sith Lord Style,:cool: as @Umbra Polaris whom wields the awesomeness & Power to cast aside '..weak minded Jedi' Add-ons.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Koroke San

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
In my computer both Chrome, Opera and Firefox are faster than Maxthon
It all depends on your system specifications and how many extensions you have installed.
The more extensions equals slower browser and more resources used, that is why Maxthon is faster on most systems because it lacks extensions.
I haven't compared the difference but it would be interesting to see the difference in speed between Firefox, Cyberfox, Google Chrome, IE, Maxthon and other browsers without any extensions installed.

Thanks. :D

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
It all depends on your system specifications and how many extensions you have installed.
The more extensions equals slower browser and more resources used, that is why Maxthon is faster on most systems because it lacks extensions.
I haven't compared the difference but it would be interesting to see the difference in speed between Firefox, Cyberfox, Google Chrome, IE, Maxthon and other browsers without any extensions installed.

The results would be different on Slower Internet speeds.

Reactions: Littlebits
D

Deleted member 178

Littlebits said:

On my system, FF as fast as Maxthon , the difference is minimal but chrome a bit slower.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
On my desktop Windows 7x64 AMD Phenom II X6 1045T Processor 2.70GHz overclocked to 3.40GHz 8GB RAM, Maxthon is the fastest followed by Cyberfox, Firefox, Google Chrome then IE is last.

On my laptop Windows 8x64 Intel i3-3227U Processor 1.90GHz 4GB RAM, IE is the fastest followed by Cyberfox, Maxthon, Google Chrome, then Firefox is last.

I'm sure every system will have different results.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
On my desktop Windows 7x64 AMD Phenom II X6 1045T Processor 2.70GHz overclocked to 3.40GHz 8GB RAM, Maxthon is the fastest followed by Cyberfox, Firefox, Google Chrome then IE is last.

On my laptop Windows 8x64 Intel i3-3227U Processor 1.90GHz 4GB RAM, IE is the fastest followed by Cyberfox, Maxthon, Google Chrome, then Firefox is last.

I'm sure every system will have different results.

On my system Internet Explorer 11 Is the Fastest.

Reactions: MrExplorer
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.