MBAE+MBRW EAT 7,5GB RAM and 25% CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

killpointik

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 7, 2016
im installed this SW for test like a free and still eat my RAM, 7,5GB...7,6GB...7,7GB....7,8GB etc
wtf is this?

lB7qUPT.png

opgW43H.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Be aware that Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware (MBRW) is still in Beta, it may contain bugs.

What other security do you have installed, running real-time?

killpointik

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 7, 2016
kaspersky 2016 and this 2 MB SWs

all processes is max 150MB only MABM service is huge

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Have you excluded these processes/services from Kaspersky and vice versa? Also, have to restarted the computer to check resource usages? What OS are you running?

In my opinion, there's no need to use Malwarebytes with Kaspersky.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Try excluding them from each-other as @Huracan said and MBAR is quite buggy so (personally) I wouldn't use MBAR until stable release. MBAE should stop ransomware that exploits the browser, flash players, Java etc... and Kaspersky would block the file it drops :)

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I use MBAM Free with my KTS2016MR1, only for on demand scanning/second opinion, all its services are disabled and not resident.

Try to disable resident protection of MBAM...

I use also sometimes MBAE Free, and working fine here with Kaspersky 2016MR1... but I created exclusions in my Kaspersky for all the services/executables of Malwarebytes applications.

I still didn't test MBRW, if You want an extra protection from ransomware in Kaspersky, read this link: How to protect against file-encrypting malware (cryptoware) in Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 (also valid for Kaspersky 2016)

killpointik

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 7, 2016
harlan4096: KIS 2016 isnt same like KIS2015 in settinns: most choices missing or see not same :(

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I applied similar protection in my actual KTS2016MR1 following that link (for 2015) and is completely valid, maybe minor differences in GUI and the name of some settings, but in essence the same: Manage Identity Protection now is called Manage Resources, both are in the same place in 2015/2016, just changed the name. All the steps to create protected categories/rules for applications are the same and easy to reproduce in 2016...

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
This seems to me like a memory leak because I use KIS 2016 + MBAM Premium and my RAM usage is normal. Have you tried restart your PC and see if it still show the same issue?

killpointik

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 7, 2016
i did mistake when no continue with licence bitdefender :( damn it. this template/setuping in KIS is horrible :(
where i can stop in firewall startup programs like in others AVs?
why that WINDOW of KIS is so small? facepalm

SloppyMcFloppy RAM working now stable: after restart MalwareBytes Exploit+Ransomware working w/eating RAM: very weird
but: will be checking 2 days and go to trash :D

btw: network monitor is any FAKE or what? cos real D/U is different like in this monitor :O

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
i did mistake when no continue with licence bitdefender :( damn it. this template/setuping in KIS is horrible :(
where i can stop in firewall startup programs like in others AVs?

SloppyMcFloppy RAM working now stable: after restart MalwareBytes Exploit+Ransomware working w/eating RAM: very weird
but: will be checking 2 days and go to trash :D

btw: network monitor is any FAKE or what? cos real D/U is different like in this monitor :O

If it not show high RAM usage after a restart, than likely one of Malwarebytes application cause memory leak. And I will put my 1.5 cents on MBAR because this software is still in beta.

killpointik

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 7, 2016
question: when i add in Manage Identity Protection/Manage Resources all FOLDER / DROPBOX into this

1MSW811.png

it mean WHAT? all DROPBOX will be protection how? i think,that KIS protecting all drives: how different is this setup?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Those settings gives You a better control over the operations of read, write, create or deletions of those special/concrete added/protected files/folders, depending of the restrictions/permissions You give to the applications belonging to the 4 confident groups (Trusted, Low/High Restricted, UnTrusted). You may Allow, Denny or set to Prompt for Action.

Maybe You should 1st study a bit the philosophy/model of protection of the Kaspersky HIPS (Application Control + FireWall + Personal Data Protection), I know that coming from a different protection product, could be at 1st, a bit complicated to manage it.

Reactions: killpointik
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.