Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
New Features:

• Malwarebytes Chameleon technology gets Malwarebytes Anti-Malware running even when blocked by infection.
• Incremental updates (paid version only).
• Ability to password protect key program settings (paid version only).

Improvements:

• Improved reliability and performance of the update process.
• Detection and removal engine enhancements.
• System tray icon now dynamically displays selected language.
• Settings for Protection Module behavior can be changed without protection being active.
• Improved DOR (Delete On Reboot) technology to enhance threat removal process.
• Restructured log formats to include greater detail on system information and detected threats.
• Improved error messages to make them more user friendly.
• Scheduled updates now occur within 15 minutes of scheduled time.
• Custom log locations now displayed in Logs tab.
• Protection logs can be saved in custom locations.
• Program version release date now displayed on About tab.

Issues Fixed:

• Fix for database not updating properly on Czech installations of Microsoft Windows.
• Fix for certain scenarios where scans failed to complete.

DOWNLOAD : http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=102514

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The new Malwarebytes Chameleon technology looks very interesting and will defently help when trying to remove an infection... I've just download the this build so I have no idea how it works..but I'll test it.
As far as the User Interface go, everything is almost the same... nothing really changed....

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Screenshots Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60 :

F25WP.png

MYr8c.png

yNzUA.png

oDB3f.png

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
I can't download , need to register as member at MBAM forum.

thanks jack. I have PRO version.
this software GREAT for me.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
Just been testing out Chameleon, found a piece of malware that kills MBAM RT protection and when you open the scanner to run a scan it gets terminated. Chameleon was able to update MBAM and run a scan which was great. Removed all items and rebooted but malware was still blocking MBAM after reboot. So it seems to be working it's just a shame MBAM didn't have sigs for that perticular malware that I found.

p32Ss.png

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Sounds interesting on their so called "Chameleon Technology" since most of the malware like rogues were placed to block of legitimate application in order would not executed.

LochNess

Apr 2, 2011
Jack, thanks for info... a great piece of software... I use Pro Version as "on demand", but I'm so impressed with their product that I wanted to lend some support...

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Won't be long before malware writers develop their own Anti-Chameleon Technology. Interesting none the less.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Good improvements although no difference in the GUI though. Gonna give this a run later.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
BoXX28 said:
Good improvements although no difference in the GUI though. Gonna give this a run later.

There is, they have taken the ' off of the Malwarebytes, on the main UI. lol

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I'm a little disappointed that there is no change to the GUI.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Viking,
GUI is not too important to be changed.
the important thing is, how to make products with a HIGH detection, and high levels of prevention also.
GUI is the second plan.

Cheers.

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I know, but it would be nice to see a fresh look to it!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For GUI they made a little adjustment on their previous version, however its up to their team if they will implement a new interface as long its rely to be a user friendly and can be easily clicked with the tabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.