Battle Mbam Pro or Mamutu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Mbam Pro or Mamutu which from these software's is better and why?

Once I prefer mbam pro but this software never initiated any alarm even when I install Format Factory and it changed start page in almost all my browsers.

And mbam pro freeze other security software. Their producers had to fix it but it not working.

Mamutu works well with other security software.

And Mamutu is not idle, actively protect my computer.

Now I prefer Mamutu. Now I have not any problems when I start my computer.

I know these software's are different, but I don't know which from these software's is better.

And I ask You: which from these two software's is better and why?

Aha, I have HIPS. ;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Although neither are free, both software are the better options compared to their alternate choices.

That being the case, it would depend what the user is looking for.

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
MetalShaun, I know these software's are different but real-time protection of mbam pro creates problems. It freeze other security software.

Earth I have good protection and I wanted to make it better.

Mbam is good malware detector but it never actively protect my computer.

And Mamutu actively protect my computer.

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I can not change it. :( I not know how.

But both these software's on my computer caused the problem.

After I install Mamutu I saw green screen (yes green, not black).

And I want to restart my computer and I must do it several times.

Mbam pro now not good works together with another security software. :/

Edit: iPanik thanks for updating my thread. :)

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
jota13 said:
But both these software's on my computer caused the problem.

After I install Mamutu I saw green screen (yes green, not black).

And I want to restart my computer and I must do it several times.

Mbam pro now not good works together with another security software. :/

Edit: iPanik thanks for updating my thread. :)
You mentioned that you are also using HIPS, most likely the mix of a behavior blocker, HIPS, MBAM and whatever else you are using as an AV is causing conflicts. Choose to use what your instincts tell you. It seems to me that you want to install Mamutu. If that's so, get rid of the HIPS that you are using and forget about using MBAM.

I have tried both virtualized and certainly I would never use MBAM real time so if I was to choose between the 2, I would pick Mamutu.

Bo

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
They're so different it's hard to compare. Mamutu is personally more my style - I like to restrict programs. But MBAM is a great program to, like all AVs it shines by flat out identifying malware.

They should work fine together, why not use both?

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Hungry Man ask: ,,They should work fine together, why not use both?"

Hungry Man now they can not work fine together because mbam pro freeze other security software. Still something is wrong.

After I install Mamutu I can not restart my computer. :(

And now I shut off the protection on mbam pro.

Bo.elam HIPS which I use work well with Mamutu and antivirus.

Mbam pro before updating works well with my HIPS and antivirus.

I don't uninstall HIPS because it not only protect my system, it also protect me against keyloggers.

And I really like my HIPS.

Maybe once manufacturers of mbam solve this problems with it...

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I voted for MBAM Pro.

Simply because it will prevent the malicious software from accessing your PC, if blacklisted by Malwarebytes. You then have your HIPS program, so about Mamutu, do you really need it?

Can I ask which HIPS program you use?

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Ok, Earth, I use Spy Shelter Premium (on this computer).

I know: to much protection is not good protection...

But once I used Mamutu and Spy Shelter and I haven't any problems with this both software's. But then I uninstall Mamutu because I thought that is to much protection.

I wrote this thread because I did not know which from Mamutu and mbam pro is better.

But I chose Mamutu.

D

Deleted member 178

Personally i use EAM (it contains mamutu)alongside CIS and since almost 2 Years and i never had any compatibility issues. I even write a compatibility guide on this forum.

Honestly i tried MBAM pro + CIS + EAM, i didnt had issues but i removed MBAM because it use too much resources in my opinion.

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Umbrapolaris You have used Mbam Pro and CIS and EAM before mbam pro update to a newer version?

Now probably You would have problem with mbam pro...

I think mbam pro successfully detect malware but it provides weak protection...

Mbam Pro don't react to any suspicious processes.

Mamutu actively protect my computer.

D

Deleted member 178

Yes you right it was before the new version, for me it is a very good on-demand scanner but an average real-time apps.

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
In mbam pro is only good rapid (fast) scan.

Protection against unsafe web pages is very bad.

I don't use this ,,protection".

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I changed my opinion. Both from these software's works well on my computer. Since the time I uninstalled Comodo Personal Firewall and I changed it on Online Armor Firewall I haven't any problems with my computer.

Probably Comodo Personal Firewall doesn't like Mamutu. ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
MBAM Pro is designed to protect and prevent viruses which other AV cannot detect. Using with their signatures and their IP Blocking.

While Mamutu is a behavior blocker designed to prevent any malicious/suspicious behavior through its configuration. Alongside with an AV that comes minimal protection and for maximum protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.