McAFEE 6.x Beta, new GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

Thread author
Aug 5, 2012
McAfee Total Protection 6.1 Beta

McAfee keeps you and your family protected while you surf, shop, and socialize online. Our complete security software offers protection against hackers, Internet cons, and dangerous websites. For the McAfee Total Protection 6.1 Beta we’re introducing a brand new design and the Vulnerability Scanner. This new feature checks for potential security issues in your programs and Windows files and installs the latest software updates to fix vulnerabilities.

With the new and improved features in McAfee Total Protection, you can:

• Navigate using touch technology
• Keep your PC safe and up to date with the latest software updates for Windows and your programs
• Get instantaneous protection with our fastest installation to date
• Eliminate threats instantly with enhanced, real-time scanning technology
• Stay protected with our integrated intrusion protection technology
• Prevent hacking and phishing attacks with even smarter protection
• Automatically remove threats from removable media drives, like USB keys
• Remove unnecesary files to help your PC perform at its best
• Protect your family’s privacy
• See what your children are doing online

Release notes and known issues

The McAfee Total Protection 6.1 Beta software runs on Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Here are the known issues for this Beta release:

• This version of the McAfee Total Protection 6.1 Beta does not support help. Learn more links do not open the WebHelp.
• When you upgrade to the McAfee Total Protection 6.1 Beta your screen resolution must be 1024 x 768 or higher.
• A script error might be displayed after you install the software for the first time. Restart your PC to fix the issue.
• McAfee File Vaults are removed during the upgrade. When prompted with the new security questionaire, complete the following steps:
Copy the contents from C:\Documents & Settings\Administrator\ LocalSettings\Application Data\McAfee Anti-Theft
Paste the copied files to: C:\Documents & Settings\Administrator\ Local Settings\Application Data\McAfee File Lock
Open McAfee Vault from My Computer or open McAfee File Lock from the McAfee Secure Centre Home Page

-----------------------------

A personal note from me to Windows 8 RTM users:
The McAfee installer disables Windows Defender as usual.
DO NOT on any account re-enable Windows Defender in Windows 8 RTM as that particular version contains an Anti-Virus component and will interfere with McAfee.
(Windows Defender has changed from what was included in earlier beta versions of the OS and incorporates elements of Microsoft Security Essentials).

Download www.beta.mcafee.com

Warning: Thise is McAfee 6.1 beta, no 5,6 or 6,0

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
RE: McAFEE 6.1 Beta, new GUI

Interesting...
Any screenshots for the new GUI?

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011

New GUI ??
Please tell me i am dreaming :)

Artemis

Thread author
Aug 5, 2012

Screen http://forum.safegroup.pl/internet-security/mcafee-2013-windows-produkty-dla-klientow-indywidualnych-t5938-100.html#p180504

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

Looks Better than before, but I won't make a opinion until I try it myself however.

Artemis

Thread author
Aug 5, 2012

It is normal/ standard McAfee and new gui/parental control. Windows8 and tablet on Windows8 compatylibity:) 130- 200 MB Ram! :(

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011

Better but over sized, Alot of wasted un-used space.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

That's just the front, I bet there is going to be a lot more settings hidden like the old version.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

I was going to try McAfee Beta until...
"How McAfee deters you from installing their software"

Note: You can skip installing the MVT...
GVaMk.png

http://beta.mcafee.com/betamcafee/UnInstallInstructions.aspx

Important note for users who keep their My Documents folder on the D:\ drive of their computer:
If you use the Windows Add/Remove Programs feature (Programs and Features in Windows 7) to remove McAfee Total Protection 5.0 Beta from your computer, your My Documents folder is deleted. You must use the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool to successfully remove the software.

Now you should understand: Use at your own risk.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Screenshots:

Main GUI: 960 x 700

McAfee Album of 14 images >> http://imgur.com/a/0LWsu

Memory Usage, no reboot. (Memory - Private Working Set) - Forgot to add a column.

eVB43.jpg

Right, by the time this is posted I will have removed McAfee.

MDTechVideos

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012

It looks the best now than it has in several years(UI is almost competitive with other products). Though in the big picture it is all still smoke and mirrors as the product itself is far below my standards.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
paradise2013 said:
when will the McAFEE 2014 beta

I swear there were a couple videos about the Beta somewhere. :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.