Advice Request Mcafee endpoint security 10.5

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

is Mcafee Endpoint worth to try??

• Total voters

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
You can't do a trial as a home user, they can just do a demo for you in case you're an IT admin. I have used and tested McAfee ePO extensively in business environment. It's great, doesn't affect the performance of the device and supports plethora of products, all integrated in one, single console. However, most of these features won't make one bit difference to the home user. The only benefit on a home PC would be the sandbox (to some extent), the Real Protect settings, so you can enable the most aggressive behavioural blocking and the network IPS. McAfee's interface is great too, unlike the home version where they've made a right mess out of it. McAfee is a business-oriented security company and all technologies are first rolled out in their business products.
Is signature shared between both of you take a look on virustotal you will find there are two McAfee engine one has "GW edition" suffic ix as I remember however they share the same cloud analysis "Artmis "🤔🤔!?

B

BVLon

Is signature shared between both of you take a look on virustotal you will find there are two McAfee engine one has "GW edition" suffic ix as I remember however they share the same cloud analysis "Artmis "🤔🤔!?
McAfee GW (Gateway Edition) is an appliance and I believe this engine is there for performance reasons and testing. It is a next-gen, dynamic analysis engine, that can only be compared to Cylance, Sentinel One, Max, Trapmine, Sophos ML, etc. It's totally different than the rest of the portfolio and I am not sure why McAfee is not switching to it (maybe because Casper is still working well for them). Artemis is an old technology, now integrated with Joint Threat Intelligence. It combines heuristics, reputation, contextual intelligence and data from many partners... You will be able to set JTI's aggressiveness to high, in addition to the Real Protect behavioural blocker. Controversy is, McAfee still detects some threats as Artemis.something and others as JTI/Something...

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.