Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
SiteAdvisor is evolving into a new format in Windows 7.x, 8.x, & above now called McAfee WebAdvisor, which means different behaviour.

See SiteAdvisor has new features and a new look: SiteAdvisor has new features and a new look for more information.

Also see Search result annotations do not appear after SiteAdvisor is upgraded Search result annotations do not appear after SiteAdvisor is upgraded to McAfee WebAdvisor

Space: McAfee WebAdvisor (formerly SiteAdvisor) | McAfee Communities

McAfee WebAdvisor by Intel Security

Download: https://sadownload.mcafee.com/products/SA/Website/wa/saSetup.exe

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

It's OK.

Get equivalent or better protection using uBlock Origin under typical surfing...

Reactions: frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
McAfee WebAdvisor (formerly SiteAdvisor) is already a good extension to add one which you are not worry to visit any website as it includes block feature.

Reactions: trhd03twth

trhd03twth

Level 1
Verified
Aug 29, 2015
I heard though McAfee SiteAdvisor is good, but it gives many FPs. Is it true?
And how is its anti-fishing and performance compared to Bitdefender's Trafficlight? :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@trhd03twth : Based on my observation way back before, McAfee Siteadvisor may create False Negative or unknown ratings from those unusual websites which are too premature but in the case of phishing then you have the confidence to be protect. ;)

Reactions: trhd03twth

trhd03twth

Level 1
Verified
Aug 29, 2015
Thinking of adding McAfee Webadvisor :) Thank you!
Edit: It seems MW won't work in Comodo's sandbox.

Last edited:

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello
I'm using EIS + HPA + µBlock Origin.
Is it usefull to install McAfee WebAdvisor ?
One year later is MWA improved ?
Thanks for your help.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm using EIS + HPA + µBlock Origin.
Is it usefull to install McAfee WebAdvisor ?
No.

A browser like Opera, Chrome or Firefox are well equipped against Internet threats.
  • Malware and Phishing Protection
  • Wide variety of extensions and addons;
    • Secure Password Managers
    • Advertment and Social Blocking
    • Script Blocking
    • Extended Phishing protection
    • and more...
McAfee WebAdvisor already does what Window can do, through the Action Centre.

McAfee WebAdvisor Features:
  • Security Check - Checks to see if your firewall and anti-virus are activated before you surf
  • Password Advisor - Let's you know if your password is too weak or easy to guess
  • Safer Download - Scans your downloads and alerts you if there's a known risk
  • We Learn From You - McAfee WebAdvisor learns your preferences and remembers them
Features NOT stated:
  • Yahoo Search
Screenshots

upload_2016-7-18_14-29-57.png upload_2016-7-18_14-31-19.png upload_2016-7-18_14-33-10.png

Based on my observations, I would not use McAfee WebAdvisor nor recommend it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hello
Thanks @Huracan :)
I think you are right.
You already have an Internet Security Suite, Exploit/Antilogger protection and an Ad/Track/Script blocker. Adding McAfee would make itself redundant.

McAfee SiteAdvisor renamed to WebAdvisor was to keep it alive, even though it die ended as soon as XP supported ended.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB007

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
I see Mcafee Web Advisor quite heavy, anyway, I tried it and I saw it a good product. Can anyone compare it with BD's TrafficLight, WOT, or Norton Safe Web?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.