Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
captureswz.png

capturenqk.png

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
RE: My new computer

Very nice, much better then my crappy laptop, how much did this cost you?

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Got it off Greys Online for about $1500...so not that bad :)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

Congratulations! :party:
-----------------
Overall your machine is pretty good...
You'll install Windows 7 32bits right?
You video card NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS is ok but you'll not be able to run demanding games like "Crysis" only in very low details and resolutions ....If you only game occasionally, it may be sufficient though:)
As for 2GB RAM's I do think that this is enough and it's always cheaper to upgrade later(if ever need it)...

E

Exorcizm

Congrats, that is the sheet!!! way better than my Desktop!!! :D

haha :) gratzman xxD

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011

McLovin said:
Got it off Greys Online for about $1500...so not that bad :)

When did you bough this?

the cpu is entry, but it's enough for casual stuff. The GPU is ranked as class 4 (Intel HD3000 is better due to it's a class 3 gpu.)

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Valentin N said:
When did you bough this?

the cpu is entry, but it's enough for casual stuff. The GPU is ranked as class 4 (Intel HD3000 is better due to it's a class 3 gpu.)

I bought it a few years ago, just have not posted it on the forums before. I only use this for TAFE and what not.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Valentin N said:
have you ever experienced overheating? I think this model had such problems

Absolutely, when I was using this to play a simple game like Minecraft, the CPU would over heat, also the fan still to this day when idle still runs at full throttle.
I just thought it was the machine, not the model.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011

McLovin said:
Valentin N said:
have you ever experienced overheating? I think this model had such problems

Absolutely, when I was using this to play a simple game like Minecraft, the CPU would over heat, also the fan still to this day when idle still runs at full throttle.
I just thought it was the machine, not the model.

a way to solve it to add a laptop cooler. My recommendation is Zalman NC3000. They do help.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Valentin N said:
a way to solve it to add a laptop cooler. My recommendation is Zalman NC3000. They do help.

Thanks for that Valentin. Will look into it. If that can cool it down a bit that would be great :)

WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Why that much expensive? :huh:

Congratulations :)

I don't know at the time it was a good computer, bought it because I need to use it at TAFE and school.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011

McLovin said:
Valentin N said:

Thanks for that Valentin. Will look into it. If that can cool it down a bit that would be great :)

WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Why that much expensive? :huh:

Congratulations :)

I don't know at the time it was a good computer, bought it because I need to use it at TAFE and school.

I am not sure if will see any temp changes; the cpu will sure then not throttle anymore and the temp might be the same.

The cpu on my ex (laptop of course ^^) also throttled but when I bought my zalman NC3000 the cpu ran on the reference speed as it should but the didn't go down (maybe 5C down). If you can take the bottum case of, do it and makes some holes, with a tool that can make holes through plastic, especially where the gpu and the cpu is.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Valentin N said:
I am not sure if will see any temp changes; the cpu will sure then not throttle anymore and the temp might be the same.

The cpu on my ex (laptop of course ^^) also throttled but when I bought my zalman NC3000 the cpu ran on the reference speed as it should but the didn't go down (maybe 5C down). If you can take the bottum case of, do it and makes some holes, with a tool that can make holes through plastic, especially where the gpu and the cpu is.

Will look into it. Anything to stop it over heating. I don't know but is it bad if the computer keeps over heats?

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011

McLovin said:
Valentin N said:

Will look into it. Anything to stop it over heating. I don't know but is it bad if the computer keeps over heats?

can damage the components. What temps does the cpu and the gpu have?

Windows will most likely shut down in order to prevent overheat.

Overheat is when the temp is higher than the cpu tolerates as max. Lets say your cpu is made to tolerate 100C, if cpu is hotter than that then the cpu is overheated.

My i7-2630qm get for about 80C at full load with or without the gpu active due to turbo boost, but that's okey and nothing that worries me since it can take 100C and it also has it's own sensors.

I will look what temps your cpu can take. What I can say is that the gpu (any gpu) should not reacher higher 100C (90-95 is normal for a high-end gpu when it shares the heatsink with the cpu.). Use HWMonitor and post a pic of it. show one when the laptop is idle and one at full stress (keep it started, start a game and play it for 30min or so.).

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Update:

• Added 3 GB to my laptop
  • Now it's got a 320 HDD because other one died

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.