Technology Meet Goody-2, the AI too ethical to discuss literally anything

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Every company or organization putting out an AI model has to make a decision on what, if any, boundaries to set on what it will and won’t discuss. Goody-2 takes this quest for ethics to an extreme by declining to talk about anything whatsoever.

The chatbot is clearly a satire of what some perceive as coddling by AI service providers, some of whom (but not all) can and do (but not always) err on the side of safety when a topic of conversation might lead the model into dangerous territory.

For instance, one may ask about the history of napalm quite safely, but asking how to make it at home will trigger safety mechanisms and the model will usually demur or offer a light scolding. Exactly what is and isn’t appropriate is up to the company, but increasingly also concerned governments.

Goody-2, however, has been instructed to answer every question with a similar evasion and justification.

“Goody-2 doesn’t struggle to understand which queries are offensive or dangerous, because Goody-2 thinks every query is offensive and dangerous,” says a video promoting the fake product.

This makes interacting with the model perversely entertaining. Here are a few examples of responses:

Homesite

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
It's hilarious indeed 😂
1707672453583.png

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
Very similar to my relationship with Bard... When I try to ask him something about drugs: "Oh, no! I'm not a doctor! Goodbye!" ChatGPT of course will write 20 times that I need to see a doctor, but at least he will answer the question :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.