Advice Request Meet Windows 8's sad-faced Blue Screen of Death

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Meet Windows 8's sad-faced Blue Screen of Death futuristic topic here ..

Meet Windows 8's sad-faced Blue Screen of Death : on wired.co.uk : http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2011-09/16/windows-8-bsod/viewgallery#!image-number=1 -and Play slideshow - click NEXT at your right .. you have 7 shots.

BSOD in Windows 8:
SP0WH.png

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I like it , gives you a more human face to a otherwise technical problem ... It's not a new idea as I've seen this type of 'smile' notification in another program , but I can't remember which one..
Also it gives you a more user friendly info ,in this case the user will know that storachi.sys has caused the problem while in the previous Windows version the user would be overwhelmed with information who in most cases would just confuse it.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I also like it because it's less scary then the other one. Gives the user a feeling that it can't be that bad the the BSOD came up. Also gives less information that you don't really need to know. Gives information that you have to find and fix the error on.

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I might use it at my screensaver! lol

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I was using this as my wallpaper long before Windows 8 Developer Preview was out.

http://i.imgur.com/MQPDw.jpg ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Likely you will not noticed Windows 8 has experience BSOD due to its interface showed. Unlike the old one it will doomed then restart unexpectedly.

V

Vextor

The reason behind this BSOD (i think) is because it needs to be bigger for tablets. It also works at feels a lot better.

iScream

Dec 7, 2011
Ironically, it's CYAN color. Represents death better than the old blue.
It's a good thing that they made it less scary for less understanding users.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Just got it while trying to run Samsung Kies on my system. But I was not able to get the camera at the right time and picture it. :(

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
That sad face could be enough to take me over the top. I quit using Google Chrome because of that "aw snap!" message (and the fact it was crashing too much). It is bad enough that programs crash. Adding dumb symbols and cliches dose not help matters.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
ZOU1 said:
I quit using Google Chrome because of that "aw snap!" message (and the fact it was crashing too much).

I guess it's like Firefox then, when it crashes and when you go to restore it, it says "Well this embarrassing".

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Not to make an off topic here:

Actually Google Chrome does have multi process browser so when it crashed only the webpage and not the whole browser while Firefox have a single process browser everything will be crashed.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Not to make an off topic here:

Actually Google Chrome does have multi process browser so when it crashed only the webpage and not the whole browser while Firefox have a single process browser everything will be crashed.

That is one thing that Firefox has to fix.

Back on track.
They could of made it a :rolleyes: because it shows that something that you have done has gone wrong again :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.