Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Download Firefox 7 Release Candidate (RC)

Firefox 7 Final is now less than a week away, but there’s already a near-complete release of the next iteration of Mozilla’s open source browser available for download.

The last Beta Build of Firefox 7 is also the Release Candidate development milestone which testers have already been able to grab for a few days now.

Mozilla has even been shipping automatic updates of Firefox 7 RC to early adopters, namely those running Firefox 7 Beta Refresh 5.

Just so there's no confusion, Firefox 7 Beta Refresh 6 is actually Firefox 7 RC, the last testing Build before this release is wrapped up and served to end users next week.

Read More

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
RE: Download Firefox 7 Release Candidate (RC)

Well just updated Firefox on my parent's laptop so, since they optimized the memory consumption made some observations.

Running 3 tabs (since some website were browsed and I closed the tabs so the usage is little bit high)

Working Memory: 168,000k+ estimated
In my opinion from last previous version: They would struck from 220,000K +.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Mozilla Firefox 7 Released

With the rapid release cycle and all, we are seeing more releases of the Firefox browser than before.

Mozilla just pushed Firefox 7 to the official ftp server to prepare for today’s release of the browser.

Firefox 7 is actually the first version of the rapid release cycle that is showing big improvements over previous versions.

You may remember that both Firefox 5 and 6 did not ship with big new features or improvements. Well, this changes with the release of Firefox 7.

Read more

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
RE: Mozilla Firefox 7 Released

downloaded it yesterday it good compared to v6 waiting for v9 now anyway thanks for the share :)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

A word of notice from Sophos :
Not the real Firefox 7 website - be wary of Google's search results

If you're keen to download Firefox 7, please make sure that you download it from the correct website.

When I did a Google for "Firefox 7" this morning, look at the second result I received:

google-firefox-7-org.jpg

The site is called firefox7.org. So what do you see if you visit the firefox7.org website?

ff7-horiz.jpg

You'll find some promotional puff about Firefox 7, followed by download links residing on a Blogspot page called "mozillas".

As you may have guessed by now, Firefox7.org isn't run by Mozilla.

Instead it was created earlier this year by a Chinese chap called Xiaojuan Zhang.
Read more

Now , I've tried to update today my Firefox like I do with Chrome, by using the "About Firefox" feature....... after it checked , Mozilla said that I run the latest version which was FF 6 :dodgy: .And I remember that this also happen when I had v5......so ....Is this happening just to me or is a Firefox thing?

varunit

Level 1
Sep 16, 2011

When I opened the about option form FF Help menu, this is what I got
MFut6.jpg

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well on the laptop yesterday, it auto update 6.0.2 to 7 but in Puppy Linux it isn't. So all I do was download the latest version and replace the firefox folder from the respective location and it worked like a charm.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011

Jack said:
Now , I've tried to update today my Firefox like I do with Chrome, by using the "About Firefox" feature....... after it checked , Mozilla said that I run the latest version which was FF 6 :dodgy: .And I remember that this also happen when I had v5......so ....Is this happening just to me or is a Firefox thing?

Not just you. I updated through the 'About' window on my system, but when I tried the same thing on a VM, it said 6.02 was up to date... :dodgy: I decided that maybe the update servers were just getting hammered, so I decided I'd wait a bit.

The VM still thought it was up to date this morning, so I just went to the download page and downloaded 7.0... :s

Not sure what is up with that.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011

Jack said:
Its not happening to me. Yesterday, I got the prompt and later on, when I was ready to upgrade, I was able to get the update from "About Firefox".

I always update that way and haven't had any trouble. Sorry you having this problem, Jack, maybe you should do a clean install, not just an over the top installation.

Bo

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Mozilla randomly pushes out auto updates from the "About" features within 14 days of the release to keep from over-loading their auto update servers. So if you don't want to wait, it is best to manually download the latest version and do an upgrade.

Thanks.:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Related to Firefox fake website, its better when searching like "Mozilla Firefox" or "Latest version of Firefox". So the fake website does not appeared.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
A minor update released dated September 29,2011.

The latest version of Firefox has the following changes:

Fixed a rare issue where some users could find one or more of their add-ons hidden after a Firefox update ( see the blog post )

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.