Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

Anyone has this problem?

Have MetaDefender extension installed in my Chrome browser. When downloading a file it activated and says its uploading the file for scanning but there's NO result.

It then showed the MetaDefender website and a rectangular box with the following message

Select or drop a file up to 140 MB in size for malware analysis, vulnerability check, and data sanitization (CDR; Content Disarm and Reconstruction).

I uploaded the file manually for scanning and I can get the result.

I know previously after completed scanning MetaDefender gave a result automatically when the file has been downloaded but not now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Although I've not used used MetaDefender extension myself, it does remind me (in a sense) of the VirusTotal uploader I used to rely upon, although I now opt to visit their website instead; & prefer having (1) less software upon my system. Perhaps the extension's developers have placed it on "standby":confused: or they might be shifting toward drumming up more traffic to the website.o_O
You might consider contacting them to inquire about their plans for their extension's future.
Either way, if you trust the site to accomplish what the extension once performed automatically (I personally find manual scans to be more satisfying:cool:) 1 less extension, in my opinion,;) can add both privacy & lightness to your system!:)

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.