Metro Version of MalwareTips Updated

Malware Maniac

Level 1
Thread author
May 14, 2012
I made a metro styled version of MalwareTips which is practically a copy and paste from the ProBlack theme but with more colors. I just used screen capture by Google, captured the page, edited it, and removed unnecessary bytes with smush it by yahoo.

Hope you enjoy.

I removed the less bright metro style of MalwareTips in Metro and replaced it with the new one. Which I guarantee is not as painful for the eyes as the original. It looks a little like MrXidus' Metro Version but not much.

Attachments

• MalwareTips In Metro Style.png
    MalwareTips In Metro Style.png
    171.4 KB · Views: 583
  • Metro+New.png
    Metro+New.png
    870.5 KB · Views: 573

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
RE: Metro Version of MalwareTips

Colours aren't easy on the eyes, in my opinion. Other than that it is good. :)

P

Plexx

Pink and yellow hurts the eyes quite a bit. Consider using some colours like green or blue (light)

Malware Maniac

Level 1
Thread author
May 14, 2012

Sorry for the bad choice of colors I will make a new one. Just give me a little bit of time.

The issue has be "Adjusted"

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011

great....but colors are too bright....choose some other colors....

ranget

Dec 8, 2011

the colors are cool and unique
but most of the people need something easy one the eye (Less creative)
so it will be easier to Read

Keep up the Good work

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
If you try to pick colours that aren't to bright then it will look okay ;)

Malware Maniac

Level 1
Thread author
May 14, 2012
McLovin said:
If you try to pick colours that aren't to bright then it will look okay ;)

Well I tried sorry if both of them are too bright. I admit the first one is too bright but not much of the second one.
Well you can't please everyone.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Like others said the color itself is likely bright so try some cool colors. Try and adapt like on the Windows Metro Interface thing, :D

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Microsoft's design team says that the Metro UI is partly inspired by signs commonly found at public transport systems [...] Metro places emphasis on good typography and has large text that catches the eye.

[attachment=1337]
source: Wikipedia

Examples of websites ispired by Metro UI.

I think that the focus should be on content and usability not on the chrome in any website design. There is a good book on design Don't make me think by Steve Krug. And a blog post inspired by the book. My personal opinion is that text/content is the most important thing on a forum and if the design uses too many colors, is too flashy, buttons and colors catch your attention instead of the actual text, it just won't work. It's not about making it look good but about making it easy to read.

Attachments

• Metro.png
    Metro.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 534

Malware Maniac

Level 1
Thread author
May 14, 2012
More like you can't please anyone I'm about to delete the images. Thank for finding how metro was discovered bogdan.

D

Deleted member 178

Malware Maniac said:
More like you can't please anyone I'm about to delete the images.

don't surrender, just improved what you did. You can take example with the light colors of the nova theme (white, light blue, etc...)

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
@Malware Maniac: It doesn't matter if people like it or not, the important thing is that you try designing it and you learn something from it.

Many people dislike the new Win8 interface, usually people don't like changes because they need to learn something new... like why there is no Start button in windows 8? :) But without changes there wouldn't be any progress. We'll know in a couple of years if the new Metro style is good or not.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Malware Maniac said:
More like you can't please anyone

One does not simply become great at what he does. Ask anyone with a great skill and they'll say it takes time, practice and more practice to get where they are. Keep doing what you enjoy doing and forget the rest. Be optimistic and use feedback to help yourself improve your expanding skills. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.