Jul 26, 2018
Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Bitdefender 2019 TS. Firewall set to Paranoid. OSArmor 1.4, HitmanPRO Alert, VoodooShield.
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
ADW Cleaner, EEK
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox (Latest) configured as shown on www.privacytools.io/ Ublock Orgin, Scriptsafe, (with random fingerprint readout) Privacy Badger, Ghostry, Decentraleyes, HTTPS Everywhere, Netcraft
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, O&O Shutup 10
File and Photo backup
Macrium Free, manual userfolder copy to external drive.
System recovery
Macrium Free

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Dependant on the road you wish to go down, the AV covered route or the Whitelisting Anti-Exe route. Bitdefender covers the AV full on route, very solid product, covers a lot of vendors attacks, VDS covers scripts & other attack vendors. Comes down to your approach as you wish.

I'm assuming you want a lockdown approach, I would go with VoodooShield as the whitelisting anti-exe, you can also drag files over to the badge to scan direct with VirusTotal, you will not need OSArmor or Bitdefender with this approach. Adding Unchecky for PUPs ask @Spawn for more details on this, Syshardener with @Evjl's Rain settings, then all you need is Windows Defender/Firewall, twinned with Hard Configure ask @Andy Ful for more details, goes very well with Windows Firewall. This would reduce any attack vector down significantly. However no security implemented is 100% secure, just this approach would cut it down massively.

For your browser you can use uBlock Origin with filterlists to mitigate various threats & Malwarebytes Browser Extension, ticking off the Ads bit in settings. Going forward with this at first I believe with knowledge of the products to be more then decent for you. You could also utilise Sandboxie for more browser protection as well.

Having an overkilled setup is never good for anyone ;)

~LDogg

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Unchecky runs in the background, with silent updates and kicks in when needed. Install and forget. Nothing more, nothing less.

Memory (Private working set) is less than 1000K when sitting doing nothing.
2018-07-27.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.