Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
HeffeD said:
And why can't we close the Metro apps? That little X in the upper-right corner was too difficult to code? Granted, I know that the apps suspend automatically when they don't have focus, and the OS will kill them if it needs the RAM they're using, but it tends to get on my OCD nerves that I can't just close it when I'm done with it. I know you are supposed to be able to hover your mouse near the top border, and when the hand icon is displayed, you can drag the window, and supposedly you can drag it off to the side and it will close. However, I've never been successful at this. :blush: It just keeps bouncing back as soon as I let it go. So I end-task it.

Strange why it does not close, I can easily do it:

6jUnw.gif

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:

Are you doing anything else after you drag it down there? I can drag it and hold it, but it doesn't close. And as soon as I release the mouse button, it pops back up.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I run my VM's windowed at 1024x768 so I can still easily work on my host.

Edit: Ah, if I drag it down there and hurriedly left-click before it pops back up, it will actually close.

Soooo much easier than clicking on an X! :p

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
There isn't an X. That's what I was saying. Why isn't there an X in the upper corner to close an app, instead of the drag it offscreen gimmick?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
HeffeD said:
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:

Are you doing anything else after you drag it down there? I can drag it and hold it, but it doesn't close. And as soon as I release the mouse button, it pops back up.

ALT+F4 still works, if you prefer using the keyboard. ;)

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
After reading comments of WLT and Earth I think i should give it a try again I have cp iso now downloading PR Iso
After install and use I will say more about it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.