Microsoft Claims Windows 10 Apps Sell Really Well

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Microsoft has overhauled the store in Windows 10 to provide a similar look and feel on PCs and smartphones, especially as part of Redmond’s push for universal apps, and the company says that its efforts are already paying off.

In new Windows Store trends posted on the official Windows blog, Microsoft reveals that interest in store apps is significantly bigger than in Windows 8.1, with customers spending more money in the store than in the previous version of the operating system.

Windows 8/8.1 was the first to introduce the store, but Metro apps, as they were often referred to, experienced a pretty moderate to low success, with most people claiming they were more appropriate for touch devices rather than for PCs.

One store for everything
But with Windows 10, this appears to be changing, and interest in store apps is growing, according to Microsoft’s own statistics.

“As announced in January, over 200 million PCs, tablets, and phones across the globe are now running Windows 10, making it the fastest growing version of Windows in history. Over 3 billion visits have been made to the Store since the Windows 10 launch. While Windows 8.x still accounts for the majority of Store downloads, Windows 10 users are the fastest growing download segment, growing both in volume and total percentage of downloads,” Microsoft explained.

Read more: Microsoft Claims Windows 10 Apps Sell Really Well

safe1st

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Of course it sell really well. On the news, it said "Windows 10 close to overtaking Windows 7 among Steam users" means so many people have windows 10 installed on their system, because 'steam user' is same like real windows 10 user

But that just imo tho..

N

Noxx

I never once bothered with Microsoft apps, not even when I had Windows 8, and I'm certainly not going to if I re-upgraded to 10.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.