Microsoft 'Confirms' Windows 10 Has Seriously Nasty Surprise

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Things like this leave me disgruntled. Even just knowing that they could pull this on you. Windows 10 is just one big bait and switch so far.

Why can't they support it and shut up instead of constantly trying to draw lines in the sand? I can't wait to see the outrage the day they dare drop support for Intel i5 2500k or i7 4700 CPUs which are still fast, still considered competitive and massively popular in the gaming community.

I know for a fact that my HP laptop is already doomed because I was wondering why I never received the Creators Update through Windows Update and I'm starting to get a feeling why. My laptop was manufactured in 2015 but designed in 2014 with hardware and drivers from 2013.

Just how is Linux solving this when Microsoft can't? It's annoying to say the least. Drivers don't need frequent support anyway and it's not like Microsoft designed an entirely new Windows kernel. This is what cartels do.

D

Deleted member 178

That is obvious and totally normal, why?
1- people trying to use Win10 on old abandoned hardware then complain like idiots and bash MS because it doesn't work on their old sluggish machine or Win10 updates messed the machine because it doesn't have the proper drivers...not the role of MS to make drivers for your machine...use the OS shipped with the hardware (or at least the version above). Dont expect Win10 to work on an Pentium 2...That is common sense
2- hardware manufacturers that maliciously stop drivers development so they can sell you new hadware; same principles with phones manufacturers stopping android updates on old phones.

Basically MS is making the right move, then maybe it will force hardware manufacturers to keep developing drivers, because customers will now look closer before buying.

It is easy to bash MS when in fact the issue lies with the hardware manufacturers.

Last edited by a moderator:

brambedkar59

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
That is obvious and totally normal, why?
1- people trying to use Win10 on old abandoned hardware then complain like idiots and bash MS because it doesn't work on they old sluggish machine or Win10 updates messed the machine because it doesn' have the proper drivers...not the role of MS to make drivers for your machine...use the OS shipped with the hardware (or at least the version above). Dont expect Win10 to work on an Pentium 2...That is common sense
2- hardware manufacturers that maliciously stop drivers development so they can sell you new hadware; same principles with phones manufacturers stopping android updates on old phones.

Basically MS is making the right move, then maybe it will force hardware manufacturers to keep developing drivers, because customers will now look closer before buying.

It is easy to bash MS when in fact the issue lies with the hardware manufacturers.
Exactly. The fault lies with the hardware manufacturers (at least most of it).

EASTER

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2017
Well what will be is what you'll get like it or not. "This" Microsoft, and I say that in a manner where I feel Bill Gates would taken a more familiar course of action + policy mostly agreeable to all. Can't believe that i'm saying this now, but for all the past expressions of some discontent directed at Mr Gates in times past, the way he managed Windows those series and releases at least was not to prevent but rather encourage satisfaction and acceptability to his creation. And who knew better than him how best to function and make the most of the distribution process without forcing the issue and completely turning end users off like today's Microsoft minus Mr Gates seems hell bent on their take it or leave it approach among others WaaS etc.

While everyone bellyached over Windows 8, at least Windows 8.1 gathered up what was needed to keep it afloat for many Windows users who weren't so wedded to Windows 7 as much.

FWIW, I missed Win 7 because my own transition jumped over it from XP straight to 8 and I have not been sorry in the least with that move.

In reality as least on this end I could move on ahead with Windows 8.1 as though Windows 10 never existed and just maybe might not be missing much at all either in performance OR security. :)

It's a very predictable move on MS' part if you look at their prior policies, changes thereof, and actions.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.