Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Conclusion

Microsoft Edge is not a bad browser. Far from it, it's quite decent. The only question is, why would you want it? Well, the answer seems to be: who do you trust or prefer - Microsoft or Google? That's about it. There are some differences in settings and options, but only nerds will really care about this, especially on Linux. On Windows, the market domination story is different, and it's about real competition on who gets the major share of the pie.

So the way I see it, if you want a Chromium-based browser to be your default, then simply take your pick among the different options, based on whatever criteria you like. In this regard, Edge isn't any better or worse on any fundamental level. That said, I still believe you should use Firefox, because without it, the future net will be a hundred times worse than it is today, quite likely unusable unless you have the IQ of a spud. So then, the question is, what ought to be your secondary browser? Edge has some decent points, configurable settings, and some extra integration with Microsoft's tooling - the same way Chrome has extra integration with Google's tooling. Your choice. And we're done here.

Cheers.
Read the full review here at Dedoimedo:
Wilders thread:

Eggnog

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 21, 2018
I've been using Edge more and more lately, and have grown to like it. Now that it's integrated into Windows with 20H2, it's even sweeter. I like the new Alt-Tab feature.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.