Microsoft Edge Heavy Users

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
So anyone here use Edge heavily i.e mostly use Edge for everything, etc...

Plzz share your experience how is it working, any probs faced, incompatibilities with sites, etc...

Reactions: Logethica
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
It is my secondary browser, Edge "out of the box" is safer than any browsers (out of the box) because Appcontainer integrity level. Until now i don't get any issues. I would use it all the time when extensions will be implemented.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
It is my secondary browser, Edge "out of the box" is safer than any browsers (out of the box) because Appcontainer integrity level. Until now i don't get any issues. I would use it all the time when extensions will be implemented.

I agree. Only thing I don't like is that it is not as fast as Chrome and definitely not as fast as Cyberfox on my system.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I have tried it occasionally quite a few times.

On my system it is equally fast as Chrome.

Adguard Desktop works fine for Edge...no probs.

IDM works good too but on some sites downloads are not intercepted by IDM but by Edge like Sumatra pdf website for one.

Clearing history always changes the settings for new tab from blank to top sites.

Reactions: Logethica

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I love it too, use it as my secondary browser. Feels very clean and responsive to all clicks and movements compared to firefox and other variants. But very comparable to chrome and it's other variants. Can't wait for extension support to make it even better, but I'm hoping that adding the extensions won' make it slow and sluggish

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Dedicated Sandboxie users don't like Edge because Invincea is not going to try to develop any support - at least not any time soon.

AppContainer is a problem for some security and related softs.

Oh well, sometimes that is just how it goes...

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I don't use it as primary browser, but sometimes I use it when I'm in the mood to use something else than Vivaldi for a moment. It's not bad at all, it loads pages very fast on my pc. One major thing that does not make me use Egde that often is the rendering of the pages. Maybe this screenshot is not so clear, but on some pages, like news sites it's very clear. In Chromium based browsers, everything is nice and thin. Also the blue of the google links is not that eye catching as it is in Edge. In edge the letters and the thickness of the letters are different. This is maybe complete personal, but that I don't like from Edge at all. I find it after some time really annoying and because of that difference in how they display pages, I find it difficult to read long texts that are rather in a small font in Edge. After some time I have difficulties reading it and after some time the text becomes hazy. On the other hand I have a bit the same issue with smooth scrolling in Firefox and Chromium browsers. When I scroll through news sites then, I just can't read it properly and if I do that for too long, I get headaches, because of the hazy letters after some time. That I don't have (or at least less) with the smooth scrolling in Edge, which is imo the best smooth crolling implementation compared to any browser. So Edge has it's good and less points for me personally.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've used Microsoft Edge for about 8-10 months and one of the issue I see is the slowdown on the pages, especially if you hit click new tabs where the process tends to be slow too.

Other than that, simple yet optimized compare to Internet Explorer.

With extension support should solve the common problems like ads in the internet.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I use Microsoft Edge for Internet Forums. It works, but not always, occasionally I would have problems connecting to websites, even if it works in InPrivate or in Chrome. I haven't found a solution, but usually a couple hours later everything works again. CCleaner may interfere with Edge, so I recommend using CCleaner + Edge with caution.

There's currently no Extension support, so don't expect a lot in terms of customisation and addons, on the current stable release.

Even without an Adblocker present, if you prefer to read webpages without intrusive advertising or flashing colours, you can use Reading Mode and can be changed upon your preferences, ie. theme and font style.

The Hub offers users to view their Favourites, Reading List, History and Downloads, all nested in one neat column.

If you're an OneNote user and regularly make notes, the "Make a Web Note" may be of some use.

Share screenshots or email links to contacts of interesting sites, but it requires the appropriate app from the Windows Store to be installed before using.

All of the above have room for improvements, so I cannot say it's the perfect tools for everyone.

If you are looking for the All-in-One Ultimate browser, then Edge is not suitable for you.

Last edited:

Sandboxie Help

From Sandboxie
Verified
Developer
Feb 26, 2016
Dedicated Sandboxie users don't like Edge because Invincea is not going to try to develop any support - at least not any time soon.

AppContainer is a problem for some security and related softs.

Oh well, sometimes that is just how it goes...

Where did you get that notion? There is a huge difference from Edge / Wrapped Metro apps..for which is what Edge users. It's basically 2 operating systems in one. We're not going to do it if it's not 100%, and we're not going to half ass it either. But It'll come, by default, SBIE will auto force SBIE 11 if you don't change the default browser in Win 10.

Reactions: Ink
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.