Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Is there a option to make dials on the startpage? Do not realy want to add a extension for it. Something like Vivaldi got? I realy need it. The only reason i would not use Edge, because it is surprisingly nice and fast.
You mean something like this?
edge.png

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I just tested the latest version of Edge and the only thing I feared has happened. I use the screen on my work notebook at 125% magnification. There is one page I use daily for work that renders incorrectly on every browser I have tested but the current version of Edge that takes the screen magnification in consideration and renders it correctly.. The new beta renders the page incorrectly just as Chrome or Firefox...

Reactions: oldschool

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I just tested the latest version of Edge and the only thing I feared has happened. I use the screen on my work notebook at 125% magnification. There is one page I use daily for work that renders incorrectly on every browser I have tested but the current version of Edge that takes the screen magnification in consideration and renders it correctly.. The new beta renders the page incorrectly just as Chrome or Firefox...
Well its chromium, not EdgeHTML. Id would use EdgeHTML as main browser if id know it would be supported by microsoft and not killed slowly and painly

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I'm one of the few Edge fans, and nothing much in this thread sounds good to me about the new version. It sounds like it's total surrender to the Chrome mentality. I haven't download it yet but it appears they took the "Edge" out of Edge. Please correct me if what I am reading is wrong.

Reactions: mlnevese

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Let me illustrate my point:

This is the page I mentioned on the current Edge

And this is the same page on Chrome. It looks the same in the new Edge. I removed personal information on the page.

I can't use any of the list controls to check for open deadlines, for instance.

Reactions: oldschool

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
How can I uninstall this? I'm not kidding. I tried it for 2 minutes and I'd rather wait for the released version. Please advise. :emoji_pray:

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
@oldschool In windows 10 just go to settings/applications. You'll see two Edge programs listed. Uninstall the one identified as 75.x

Thanks. It was in Apps in administrator account. I had installed from SUA. The only things I can see from the old Edge are the drop-down menu and Smartscreen. Maybe I'll come around but it will take time and improvement.

Sorry that the rendering doesn't work for you.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.