Microsoft Edge: "Would" you use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr. Tech

Thread author
Would you use the browser identified as 'Microsoft Edge' if more features was added to it (such as Extensions...)

I personally would as I think it would be neat to give a Microsoft product a chance but honestly they aren't even giving the browser a good start because there just isn't anything useful on it as other large mainstream browsers.

Reactions: XhenEd

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
I've been using it everyday as my daily browser ever since Windows 10 came out. I love the speed of it and lightness. It's way faster for Chrome than me and more lightweight on resources. I am patient and can wait for extension support. I don't miss Chrome at all. Chrome sucked up all my RAM and CPU anyways and was slower than Edge.

I'm currently typing this reply from Microsoft Edge! :)

I'm probably one of the few very people using it as their everyday browser... :rolleyes:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
To clarify, I've using MS Edge since the release of Windows 10 and it doesn't put on myself to be disappointed. Of course it needs to improve more and with extension support.

I've never use any adblocker on that browser cause I barely go to a site that provides rapid advertisement pop ups. ;)

Simplicty is never become so complicated, it needs optimum features to compete from 3rd party.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Most probably, yes, I will use MS Edge if they add support for add-ons or extensions. As of now, that's all I need, so that uBlock Origin and Lastpass will work. :D

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
I'm used to not having extensions. I'm on here on my iPad quite a bit (I use Safari) and in general I browse around a lot on my iPad and obviously mobile devices don't have extensions. So I can wait for Edge extension support. I'm not in no rush for it. Chrome has gotten too clunky and slow for me. I used to love Firefox back in its early days. All I used and now that has gone downhill. I have high hopes for Edge. I really hope Microsoft gets it right and gives Google a run for their money.

If there is odd words. I am sorry. I'm on my iPad and iOS auto correct can be quite funny.

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
I will use it once it supports an extension for my password manager, as I do like the way it runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.