Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Due to the discontinuation of the Expression Suite, Microsoft has announced that the following products can be downloaded for FREE and at No Charge. You will not receive Technical Support, however you can check the Online Community for help.

Expression Design 4 (may need Security Update) - Download Free Version
  • The convenience and ease of editing vector graphics in Expression Design can be a cornerstone of your Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Microsoft Silverlight, and web images. Whether you're a veteran professional illustrator, a designer building a dazzling website, or a budding artist eagerly experimenting with various styles and techniques, you will find Expression Design an indispensable tool for your creative tasks.

Expression Web 4 (w/ SP2) - Download Free Version
  • Expression Web 4 gives you the tools you need to produce high-quality, standards-based Web sites: built-in support for today’s Web standards, sophisticated CSS design capabilities, and visual diagnostic tools. Whether you work with PHP, HTML/XHTML, CSS, JavaScript, ASP.NET or ASP.NET AJAX, Expression Web makes it faster and easier to create and maintain exceptional web sites.

Expression Encoder 4 (w/ SP2) - Download Free Version
  • Expression Encoder is an advanced audio/video-encoding and live-broadcasting application especially suited for generating content that takes full advantage of the rich graphic and interactive capability of Microsoft Silverlight playback scenarios. You can also generate Windows Media video and audio files that are optimized for other web playback scenarios, or appropriate for playback on portable devices.

Expression Encoder 4 SP2 provides support for Sandy Bridge graphics processors (Expression Encoder Pro with SP2 only), SRS audio, and adds the ability to manage publishing points, among other features, as well as bug fixes and stability enhancements. Also in this version, Expression Encoder Screen Capture no longer limits screen capture durations.

Read more about the Changes:
https://www.microsoft.com/expression/

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Isn't this the program you use Earth instead of Photoshop?

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yes.
I have used Design 4 for all my artwork I have created such as; Signatures, Wallpapers, Icons.
I have use Encoder 4 for all my Youtube videos where I used to test software in a virtual machine, or host PC.
I lightly used Web 4 for a website I have worked on.

Great software.

MS is moving to the Cloud with Azure, products like these get discontinued, but at least they're now free for better use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.