Microsoft: Intel's Comments on Windows 8 Versions Are Dead Wrong

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
There may not be four versions of Windows 8 for ARM system-on-a-chip processors that are incapable of running legacy Windows apps after all. Microsoft has rebutted recent statements about Windows 8 running on ARM processors made by Intel's senior vice president and general manager of its software and services group.

Intel's Renee James recently suggested that there would be at least four versions of Windows 8 for the ARM chip architecture. She also said these versions of Windows 8 would not be compatible with older Windows programs written for Windows 7, Vista and XP.

read more

** my opinion:
"
She also said these versions of Windows 8 would not be compatible with older Windows programs written for Windows 7, Vista and XP
"
software developers need to make new programs which are able run on windows 8

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well when it comes out I might try it but I would upgrade to Windows 7 before I ever buy Windows 8, because if most of the programs for Windows 8 need to be in compatible mode (my opinion it sucks). So at the moment I will stick with XP then upgrade to 7.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
McLovin said:
Well when it comes out I might try it but I would upgrade to Windows 7 before I ever buy Windows 8, because if most of the programs for Windows 8 need to be in compatible mode (my opinion it sucks). So at the moment I will stick with XP then upgrade to 7.

yep, good plan mclovin ;)
If you want use 7, don't "Upgrade" ,it's bets to do a "clean install" :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Yeah that was my plan, to buy a bigger hard drive to go with it :D

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
McLovin said:
Yeah that was my plan, to buy a bigger hard drive to go with it :D

just need 320GB is good enough bro, but if you use for 3D design or gaming, choose 500GB + exHD

Shadow Death

May 12, 2011
Microsoft is more into whatever makes them money. They know they can't make money if they don't incorporate some kind of backwards comparability.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.