1655577733251.png

And the story:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
My guess is that there will probably be a few companies in Japan that will continue to use ie and get into trouble.
After all, this is a country that values old things so much that it still uses floppy disks.:ROFLMAO:💾

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Microsoft plans to disable the company's Internet Explorer 11 web browser from certain Windows operating systems in February 2023. The company plans to disable Internet Explorer 11 on these systems, so that it can't be reactivated and used anymore afterwards.

The cumulative security updates for February 2023 will disable Internet Explorer 11 permanently on certain Windows operating systems. The second Patch Day of the year 2023 will disable the browser on Windows 10 devices.

Internet Explorer 11 may also be used on earlier versions of Windows, but Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 will run out of support in January 2023. Without these in support, it is Windows 10 that Microsoft is focusing its efforts on.

The company confirms the decision on this website and also in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
This was my first browser in 1997, just for time, until I discovered Nestcape, and never looked back. It loaded web pages much faster, and helped me a lot when I needed it, with it I would download another browser. Rest in peace, my friend, IE. (y)

• Applause
Reactions: franz and roger_m

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
On February 14th, 2023, Internet Explorer 11 will be permanently disabled on Windows 10 devices. The browser never made its way into Windows 11 officially, and all previous client versions of Windows are no longer supported by Microsoft.

This leaves Windows 10. One particularly interesting aspect of the disabling is that the change is not applied via a Windows Update, but as a Microsoft Edge update. The update will be delivered to home and commercial devices, and there won't be an option to reverse the change once the update has been installed on the Windows 10 device.

When the update is applied on Windows 10 machines, attempts to launch Internet Explorer will launch the Microsoft Edge web browser instead. Internet Explorer icons on the taskbar and start menu are not removed immediately. Activation of these opens Edge, however, and not the previously linked web browser.

Internet Explorer 11 browsing data will be migrated to Microsoft Edge during the process, so that IE 11 users "can seamlessly continue browsing" according to Microsoft.

Microsoft plans to remove the visual references to Internet Explorer 11 in the June 2023 update, scheduled for a release on June 13, 2023.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.