Status
Not open for further replies.

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
If you continue to use Windows XP after it goes end-of-life next April you won't just be without security patches. You'll be without signature updates for your Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus.

Read more: http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-may-end-antivirus-updates-on-xp-in-april-7000022645/

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
I think that is for the better, loads of people will not agree with me however, but i think it's about time that OS gets put to bed... the it's safer debate no longer works, several sources with stats has proven this. Can't expect them to support this forever, so it's time for Users (including Business end) to get with the times... Even go with Linux if they don't want to have to pay... :D

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
AyeAyeCaptain said:
I think that is for the better, loads of people will not agree with me however, but i think it's about time that OS gets put to bed... the it's safer debate no longer works, several sources with stats has proven this. Can't expect them to support this forever, so it's time for Users (including Business end) to get with the times... Even go with Linux if they don't want to have to pay... :D

I agree with you 100%

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
AyeAyeCaptain said:
I think that is for the better, loads of people will not agree with me however...
I agree it is for the better but for a different reason. It is for the better because any AV that provides merely adequate protection on a fully supported OS has no business being on a non supported OS. There are other better choices. Obviously, M$ recognize this.

thetechguy

Level 1
Verified
Feb 19, 2013
I love XP, of course. It's way better than Vista and 8 AFAIC, and it's only barely topped by 7. I think moving to 7 is a good idea but there isn't enough money in the world to get me to use Vista OR 8/8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.