Microsoft may soon allow IT admins to uninstall Copilot

Chatbots and AI
2 Replies 818 Views

Parkinsond

Level 67
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Microsoft is testing a new policy that allows IT administrators to uninstall the AI-powered Copilot digital assistant on managed devices.

The new RemoveMicrosoftCopilotApp policy began rolling out today to systems in the Dev and Beta Insider channels that have installed Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 26220.7535 (KB5072046).


G-QTONIXYAAVwtJ.png


"If this policy is enabled, the Microsoft Copilot app will be uninstalled, once. Users can still re-install if they choose to. This policy is available on Enterprise, Pro, and EDU SKUs.

 
Last edited:
I wonder how it pans out, since Office is now called Copilot. Anyway, Windows updates reinstall it, so I have to remove it.
Code:
start "" /wait C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -PackageTypeFilter Bundle -Name "Microsoft.Copilot" | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers"
 
I wonder how it pans out, since Office is now called Copilot. Anyway, Windows updates reinstall it, so I have to remove it.
Code:
start "" /wait C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -PackageTypeFilter Bundle -Name "Microsoft.Copilot" | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers"
I think when removed by GP rule, copilot will not be reinstalled with updates, unlike the case after using script to remove.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top