Advice Request Microsoft Messaging app?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Do you use Microsoft Messaging app on desktop?

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is there any purpose to keeping or using this app on Windows 10 desktop?

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I would imagine the SMS from @Umbra's Windows 10 Mobile phone would appear on his desktop, similar to iMessage for iOS and macOS.

But if you don't use a Windows 10 Mobile phone, then it's useless?
It doesn't even do that according to the description:
The PC version of this app only shows SMS texts from your mobile operator about your data plan (billing, data limits, etc.), and only on devices built for high-speed wireless data (LTE). It can also show messages you've sent and received from apps such as Skype via SMS relay. It can't send texts.
Seems absolutely pointless to me in terms of desktop functionality. I can't think of anyone who wants to see texts from just their operator and if you want to see texts you've sent via Skype then I see no reason why you wouldn't just use Skype itself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.