Advice Request Microsoft Office 2016 installation problem

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
1 your license might be for 32 bit

2 The 32 bit version is better, because unless you are doing some unusual things with Office, you won't gain anything from the 64 bit version, except for more RAM consumption, and more add-on compatibility problems. You need to run very heavy and complex Office files in order to benefit from 64 bit Office.

Exactly correct, I used to use MS Office for my reports, I have sense moved on to different software seeing I had specific documents
designed for what I need them for. But MS x86 was far better and I tried both x86 x64 bit versions.
I have my guys do Fuel, Vehicle Inspection, Call Logs, and Trip Reports on a daily basis. I have tons I do monthly for Payroll
and Monthly that include incident reports ect. that I want to store and have backups of.
Try the x64 MalwareMaster then the x86 you will notice how efficient the x86 really is.
Good Luck brother.
@shmu26 there is no difference between x86 and x64. All licences work for both.
@shmu26 and @_CyberGhosT_ why do you prefer the 32 bit version? On my Acer aspire laptop (it has 4 years, it came out with windows 8.0 and has a dualcore processor with 4 gigs of ram. Now windows 10) and on my desktop (quadcore processor with 4 gigs of ram, windows 10) it's much faster to open and use. In the laptop, the 32 bit was slow to open and it was slow when clicking on "File" in a document. I read there are some compatibility issues with something which x64 was unable to read, don't remember what exacly was. But I'm happier with office x64 now

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@shmu26 there is no difference between x86 and x64. All licences work for both.
@shmu26 and @_CyberGhosT_ why do you prefer the 32 bit version? On my Acer aspire laptop (it has 4 years, it came out with windows 8.0 and has a dualcore processor with 4 gigs of ram. Now windows 10) and on my desktop (quadcore processor with 4 gigs of ram, windows 10) it's much faster to open and use. In the laptop, the 32 bit was slow to open and it was slow when clicking on "File" in a document. I read there are some compatibility issues with something which x64 was unable to read, don't remember what exacly was. But I'm happier with office x64 now
In the end that's what it is all about brother, what works for you. My experience was different than yours, but all I
was trying to stress is to try both and see what works better "for you".
I have moved on to what works best for me, and it's not a MS software, but if your happy then go for it brother. ;)

Reactions: Marko :)

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
does it really matter I its 32 or 64-bit? they both offer the same features
Same features yes,but the x64 is faster on x64 systems because it's made exactly for it. Remember that also x86 programs works on x64 systems because x64 can read both formats

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
In the end that's what it is all about brother, what works for you. My experience was different than yours, but all I
was trying to stress is to try both and see what works better "for you".
I have moved on to what works best for me, and it's not a MS software, but if your happy then go for it brother. ;)
Try on a x64 VM both Microsoft office versions and you'll see the difference in performance

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I have used both, on my actual machine, so I am not interested in how it works "virtually" when I have
experienced it "literally". like I said for you its faster, but I experienced the opposite.
It really all boils down to how it preforms on your machine for you.
I don't use MS Office or it's components anymore so for me it's a moot point, I was
just trying to help you and offer suggestions. ;)
Good Luck.

Reactions: TheMalwareMaster
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.