Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
We have heard about many programs when compared as an alternative to Microsoft Office.
But I still believe nothing matches its usability.
So friends today post this thread to find out which would be a close match to MS Office ?
Please Share your opinion and experience with the product u have used.

You may also enter the Poll with multiple selections.

M

MalwareT

LibreOffice is my first choice.
It works fine on linux with any desktop , as well as windows in any version .
WPS is chaotic to work with it in Spanish and OpenOffice gives me a problem with presentations on Windows

LibreOffice is my favorite at long time. On PC i have dualboot Windows 7 and Mint 17 Xfce and i have Libre on both of them. On laptop i have Microsoft Office 2010 Proffesional Plus (licensed). On phone i have Office for Windows phone :)

S

Sr. Normal

LibreOffice is my favorite at long time. On PC i have dualboot Windows 7 and Mint 17 Xfce and i have Libre on both of them. On laptop i have Microsoft Office 2010 Proffesional Plus (licensed). On phone i have Office for Windows phone :)

If you change this information in Tools> Options> Memory :

Image cache : 150 Mb
Object memory : 21 Mb

Will accelerate significantly the program

upload_2015-1-8_18-41-32.png

Reactions: frogboy and maximus

scot

Level 9
Verified
Dec 5, 2014
LibreOffice is my first choice.
It works fine on linux with any desktop , as well as windows in any version .
WPS is chaotic to work with it in Spanish and OpenOffice gives me a problem with presentations on Windows
LibreOffice is the best alternative option available and no one comes so close to Microsoft Office. That's my opinion, may be i am wrong but i stand my ground on this opinion.

S

Sr. Normal

LibreOffice is the best alternative option available and no one comes so close to Microsoft Office. That's my opinion, may be i am wrong but i stand my ground on this opinion.

I think just like you.

A few months ago it was rumored that LibreOffice and OpenOffice would merge . I hope not, competition is good for users.

Your avatar ... is a setter ?

Reactions: scot and frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Kingsoft Office user for 2 years, well since it was adopted to look like MS Office I didn't hesitated to test it on and later on my favorite already.

When transferred the file to open in MS Office, it does very good without breaking any format that I've putted in my file.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I used to use Kingsoft Office, then they have updated to WPS Office and it still the same office and works great for me.

I don't need all the extras that MS Office uses.

Reactions: Sr. Normal
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.