Microsoft Outlook Infection

Gnosis

Level 5
Outlook email infection from a Zoloft lawsuit ad. Window from the email that was opened cannot be closed, thus covering all of the inbox items. If you click on it and try to close it, you are taken to a web page with a malicious address on it: bequerob.com and there is about 50 random characters after the slash. I am in Safe Mode right now running Dr. Web. The rest of the PC does not seem infected, or at least the symptoms are not showing up yet. I have my SARDU disk on standby with Dr. Web Live and Kaspersky Rescue.
 
I did as pcjunklist instructed and all is well now after a run of CCleaner and some Outlook interface setting adjustments that I was not able to implement initially.
 
ZOU1 said:
I did as pcjunklist instructed and all is well now after a run of CCleaner and some Outlook interface setting adjustments that I was not able to implement initially.

You can reset the hosts file. This may be the problem.

Also, to make sure that the computer is not infected you can follow the advice I give in my article here:
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-know-if-your-computer-infected.htm
 
In this case you may try to repair outlook infection of files with the aid of professional recovery software
I would recommend you next one http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/outlook.html
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top