Microsoft Outlook Infection

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Outlook email infection from a Zoloft lawsuit ad. Window from the email that was opened cannot be closed, thus covering all of the inbox items. If you click on it and try to close it, you are taken to a web page with a malicious address on it: bequerob.com and there is about 50 random characters after the slash. I am in Safe Mode right now running Dr. Web. The rest of the PC does not seem infected, or at least the symptoms are not showing up yet. I have my SARDU disk on standby with Dr. Web Live and Kaspersky Rescue.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I did as pcjunklist instructed and all is well now after a run of CCleaner and some Outlook interface setting adjustments that I was not able to implement initially.

Chiron

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
ZOU1 said:
I did as pcjunklist instructed and all is well now after a run of CCleaner and some Outlook interface setting adjustments that I was not able to implement initially.

You can reset the hosts file. This may be the problem.

Also, to make sure that the computer is not infected you can follow the advice I give in my article here:
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-know-if-your-computer-infected.htm

dynmorgan22

Jul 10, 2012
In this case you may try to repair outlook infection of files with the aid of professional recovery software
I would recommend you next one http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/outlook.html

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.