Microsoft Published Official Way to Hide Windows 10 Upgrade Prompts in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Are you a Windows 7 or 8.1 user tired of seeing Microsoft’s incessant taskbar pop-ups prompting you to upgrade to Windows 10? Here is one simple trick that will you to stop showing Windows 10 upgrade prompts in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
Microsoft is pushing Windows 10 upgrade option more vigorously, the most annoying part of all this is the constant taskbar pop-ups asking you to upgrade to Windows 10. Recently company revealed that users who are running Windows 7 Pro or Windows 8.1 Pro can expect to start seeing the Get Windows 10 app in their taskbar, suggesting that they upgrade to the new OS.

Full article. Microsoft Published Official Way to Hide Windows 10 Upgrade Prompts in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Microsoft for sure they don't want to provide an official steps easily because of possible reduction of not accomplishing the overall goals to reach Windows 10 milestones cause as still continuously to be stagnant for record.

Better late and never just focus their work instead.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
So creating all that mess to make sure everyone receives notifications so that they are forced to upgrade to Windows 10, now they flip the tables and officially demonstrste how people can disable it?

It seems they merely wanted for "Windows 10" to be constantly on the media, just so people could see its name everywhere. Even if it was always about "its privacy policy" or "forcing users to upgrade".
That is actual advertising tactics, I am surprised Microsoft ended up using this trickery.

Last edited:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
So creating all that mess to make sure everyone receives notifications so that they are forced to upgrade to Windows 10, now they flip the tables and officially demonstrste how people can disable it?

It seems they merely wanted for "Windows 10" to be constantly on the media, just so people could see its name everywhere. Even if it was always about "its privacy policy" or "forcing users to upgrade".
That is actual advertising tactics, I am surprised Microsoft ended up using this trickery.
Speaking of which, I'm surprised there hasn't been that many tv advertisements for Windows 10 here. Granted most citizens here speak spanish, but it shouldn't that hard to announce it. I only recall seeing 1 or 2 commercials for it, and that's it. It seems the internet has been Microsoft preferred media.

And yeah, Microsoft has been very inconsistent. I remember when they admitted to be forcing upgrades, only to deny them later and saying it was the user's fault.

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016

Well, It seems Microsoft really believes that Any publicity is good publicity.
They abide by this rule and Win 10 always in the talks, criticisms, hype, discussions....etc, some good some bad.

Microsoft figures people will complain, criticize or even ignore, but eventually will succumb to it & upgrade.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.