Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Microsoft is investigating an issue that prevents Outlook and other email clients from connecting when using an Outlook.com account.

"Since starting around 1/23/24 users have reported issues connecting with Outlook 2013, Outlook 2016, Outlook for Microsoft 365, Thunderbird, and mobile email apps when connecting with POP, IMAP, and Exchange connections," Microsoft says.

"Some users have reported that signing in with an App Password works to connect but later goes back into a disconnected state."

Customers reported experiencing sign-in problems linked to this issue since last Tuesday on Microsoft's community platforms and social networks like Reddit.
The Outlook Team is currently working on a fix for this issue and will share more information when a solution or more details are available.

Affected customers who cannot use their clients to connect to their Outlook.com accounts are advised to use Outlook.com on the web until the issue is addressed.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I used dozens of email clients over the years and they never ever had problems with emails, when setup properly,, currently Outlook via BlueMail. It is their only job.
As for Outlook, it always had issues for me, even after a clean install, I tried to use classic and the new one, but no luck. At least the new Outlook got a nice promo. :ROFLMAO:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.