Microsoft Security Essentials 2.1 Conflicts with Security and System Cleaner Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It’s not uncommon for security solutions to have issues with products offering functionality that overlaps or conflicts theirs, and Microsoft Security Essentials is no exception.

Apparently, Microsoft Security Essentials 2.1 fails to play nice with antivirus products and with some solutions designed to let users manage their computers.

In such cases, users will get an error message when launching MSE, according to the software giant.

Specifically, when they see Microsoft Security Essentially display the following: “You haven't run a scan on your computer for a while. This could put your computer at risk,” they should know that something is wrong.

“This error appears as the result of third party anti-virus and/or system cleaner products conflicting with Microsoft Security Essentials,” Microsoft said.

Read More

Well for anyone using MSE and CCleaner then follow the method on the link.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
why MSE is always problematic?
while ago, chrome they considered it malware or something.
:S

what's the problem?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No, I'm this has been brought up before, when CCleaner has the MS Antimalware checked, it deletes something that triggers the Full Scan as complete.

Simply uncheck MS Antimalware from CCleaner, if you MSE.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Was using MSE and I am not a fan of because of the slow scans and the slow virus removal.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
I had this problem and took me a while to figure out. Like Earth mentioned above all it is is Ccleaner deleting scan history of MSE, so MSE thinks you haven't scanned your system in a long time. Purely a Ccleaner Issue not Microsoft. Just uncheck it in Ccleaner and all is good.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Ccleaner must aware that an issue occur with MSE and release a version that fix the issue.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Not for nothing but MSE is just plain garbage. It sucks ram like a Hoover and finds malware like a blind detective. I have seen hundreds of pc's with infections and MSE did not even blink and eye.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Yes. MSE need for improvements in detection rates. and, they may also improve the quality of prevention.
hopefully they release a web-filters as well :)
as do many vendors at this time.
thus, the MSE users will be faster growing rapidly.
^^

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials for now but I'm not having problems with it and I'm satisfied with it's offering.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
MSE when it first came out had so much promise, now I would not even give it the time of day... CCleaner will no doubt sort this soon enough as they're quite frequent in their fixes/updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.