Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Nothing in the MSE Pre-release private forums either.

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
Is the latest version still slowing down windows explorer?(on loder versions, Explorer was less responsive. Folders with files in list mode were slow to have their icons displayed.)

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Is the latest version still slowing down windows explorer?(on loder versions, Explorer was less responsive. Folders with files in list mode were slow to have their icons displayed.)
Nope. this still happens with me.

Reactions: phyniks

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013

Someone told me that excluding windows explorer from realtime pr. can solve the problem.....can we still call it realtime protection if we exclude the process?

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013

Nope. this still happens with me.

I ve asked about it on MS community and this is the moderatore's answer:

Performance of the antimalware engine is constantly under review. Note that MSE is actually the interface, but the real time protection components are shared with Forefront and Defender.

I agree that we've seen a number of reports of the slowness you are describing, but millions of others, myself included, have never experienced this behavior.

-steve

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-c3e7-4127-ae2f-580ca72fbad0?tm=1387795112419

you see!!! they dont wanna accept there is a problem

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
I ve asked about it on MS community and this is the moderatore's answer:

Performance of the antimalware engine is constantly under review. Note that MSE is actually the interface, but the real time protection components are shared with Forefront and Defender.

I agree that we've seen a number of reports of the slowness you are describing, but millions of others, myself included, have never experienced this behavior.

-steve

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-c3e7-4127-ae2f-580ca72fbad0?tm=1387795112419

you see!!! they dont wanna accept there is a problem

Simply, I won't be using it....

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Does the slow down occur at all locations of Windows when browsing through Windows Explorer with MSE?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I have noticed that too. MSE slows down loading of folders containing installers and executables, a lot

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

lol , yes i download my heavy executables (photoshop, Avs, etc), i install them then i delete right away all setup files because i love to redownload them again after a format... i'm so free !

/sarcasm

microsoft support "when common sense flirt with nonsense"

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
Latest:

They advised my to backup setup files on usb/dvd/cd !!!!

When I told them delay on showing file icons is not the case,the major problem is MSE' s slowing down Win Explorer which causes delay on file copy/pasting as it was shown in the latest av-comparatives performance test

there answer was as expected:
Just a note about that AV file performance table. It appears that MSE only operated at a single step lower performance of "Fast" vs. "Very Fast" in the File Copying category, while it otherwise performed at the top rating for all others. I don't see how this indicates that MSE is significantly less capable, since unless you spend all your time copying files around this shouldn't even be an important statistic.

You see....it s very simple according to microsoft
do not copy/paste alot or forget about slowness during the process.
do not surf the web because our product is not good agains new malwares.
do not store the files you want or they will be shown with a delay.

do not complain,because we will not fix the issues....these are not that important....do as we expect you to do....enjoy our security service

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.