App Review Microsoft Security Essentials Prevention Test (MrITReviews)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Last edited by a moderator:

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Nice Video,
Another video to prove that MSE is a fail...Still.

Ugh, I really hope this product can one day succeed in the Free AV Market.
They seem to be releasing new versions but with very small changes.

Only time can tell

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
When I did take the test, one thing I did like is that it was didn't have any user input when it did detect something, in previous versions it had to.

Robot_Z

Aug 14, 2012
Thanks for the video. Always interesting to see these tests. Was never really keen on MSE.

Oh.. and the music made me laugh. Good suspense building :p Made me feel like something bad was about to happen (which it did, haha)

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Robot_Z said:
Thanks for the video. Always interesting to see these tests. Was never really keen on MSE.

Oh.. and the music made me laugh. Good suspense building :p Made me feel like something bad was about to happen (which it did, haha)

It's results was not good. :s

Thought the music would go well, because it was to see if MSE actually would do well. :D

D Bone

May 28, 2011
Good test and video. Maybe next time you can hide all safe processes in Kill Switch so the bad ones will be easier to see load.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
D Bone said:
Good test and video. Maybe next time you can hide all safe processes in Kill Switch so the bad ones will be easier to see load.

Yeah, ha, found how to do that after the fact. Did that anyway in the Norton test I did. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.