App Review Microsoft Security Essentials Test(MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
*note to last poll voters: I am waiting for the Eset final release(it is RC right now no longer beta). Also, seeing if I am accepted to be part of Avira 2013 Beta soon(applied a few days ago waiting for response).

comments and suggestions and appreciated. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Thanks for video.
I think mse need some improvement when there are good free av like avira avast and panda cloud exist.
Scan time and link scan is the most prominent item they have to look upon and detection rate as well.
Still a general user with safe browsing could use mse along with malwarebytes and windows firewall to remain safe.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Stranger said:
Thanks for video.
And thank you for the kudos :)

Stranger said:
I think mse need some improvement when there are good free av like avira avast and panda cloud exist.
Scan time and link scan is the most prominent item they have to look upon and detection rate as well.
Still a general user with safe browsing could use mse along with malwarebytes and windows firewall to remain safe.

I agree, actually used to use MSE combined with MBAM and Windows Firewall. One camplaint I had with both of these products(MSE and MBAM) when used combined they were huge resource hogs and both of their scan times were rather sluggish. After learning of CIS a couple of years ago, I have been paring that up with MBAM and have noticed a considerable system responsiveness improvement.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
I have not seen any slow down while using mbam+mse.
Yes ram usage are a bit high but with today's hardware configuration its not a big deal.
A good 2gb ram is enough to run this types of software

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
MSE hangs while cleaning. And removing even basic threats take some time. Secondly pc freezes for a few secs when MSE detects a threat.

acme

Level 1
Apr 29, 2012
Stranger said:
I have not seen any slow down while using mbam+mse.
Yes ram usage are a bit high but with today's hardware configuration its not a big deal.
A good 2gb ram is enough to run this types of software

I use MSE and my son and his friends were on some 'R' rated sites :s
and he said MSE caught all 6 viruses and Trojan's that popped up. MSE got rid of them. I never had any problem with MSE, even using test to try to trip MSE up. I use Win7 firewall with Tiny Wall and it works great....

:biggrin:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.