Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Computerworld - Microsoft today said it will patch a record 64 vulnerabilities in Windows, Office, Internet Explorer, Windows graphics framework, and other software next week, and tie a December 2010 record for the number of security updates it issues.

The 17 updates -- Microsoft calls them "bulletins" -- tie the count of December 2010. The bulletins that will ship next Tuesday will include 64 patches, Microsoft said, 15 more than the previous record of October 2010, and 24 more than the 40 of the former second-place collection of December 2010.

Of the 17 updates, 9 will be rated "critical," the highest threat label in Microsoft's four-step scoring system, while the remaining 8 will be marked "important," the second-most-dire ranking.

More Info

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Just looked at Windows Update, have 15(+2) updates. How long will it notify me to update?

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
stormgtr said:
Just looked at Windows Update, have 15(+2) updates. How long will it notify me to update?

What do you mean? It'll notify you until you eventually do it, should see a reminder on occasion every so often.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
I received a stunning 29 updates resulting in a 99MB download.

I postponed the restart as long as i could, but after 6 hours it got impatient and started the 15 min countdown and i wasn't around to delay it. :)

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
iPanik, For future reference you might try stopping the reboot via this little tweak.

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/microsoft/stop-windows-7-from-auto-restarting-after-update/

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
iPanik said:
Nice. didn't know that one, thanks! :D

I set my updates to download and allow me to choose when to install which also works out fine but for those that want to leave it on auto that seems a nice change. :cool:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I got the reboot prompt today. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.