Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The research team tested IE 10, Chrome 26, and Firefox 21 for their baselines and concluded that IE used significantly less energy than the other browsers. In short, if you use IE, you will use less power which should in theory give you longer battery life on your machine. Based on the report, switching to IE is an easy way for you to be slightly more conscious of the environment and can help to reduce your global footprint on a daily basis.

XvGZLCG.png

Read more

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
Normally i would not trust browser research done by any browser provider but in this case i am willing to agree with this study.
When using Chrome on my laptop it is not unusual for the fan to speed up, especially as the number of tabs grow. When using Internet Explorer that does not happen. If that actually translates to better battery life is yet unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.