Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Microsoft has already announced a ton of exciting stuff this week, but the company isn't done yet. Today, it announced that the next version of its fully-featured Office suite of desktop PC applications will be called Office 2016.

HKRW5Lu.jpg

Microsoft has been testing the new version of Office internally with a handful of its key partners. Images that leaked last year suggest the new release won't rock the boat too much in terms of design, although customers can expect to see a range of new features and improvements.

The company said today that it "will have more to share on Office 2016 in the coming months", confirming its earlier promise of releasing the new applications "in the second half of 2015" – perhaps coinciding with the launch of Windows 10, which is expected around the same time.

Although Microsoft did not publicly show its new Office 2016 desktop applications this week, it did unveil its new suite of touch-friendly Office apps for Windows. As with the touch-optimized Office apps on Android and iOS, they lack the complete feature set of the desktop applications, but they still offer many of the features that users need most often for creating, editing and sharing documents.

As Universal Windows apps, they'll be available not just on Windows 10 PCs, notebooks, and tablets, but also on smartphones. Microsoft shared a few images of the Office touch apps for Windows 10 today, showing how they'll look on handsets and devices with larger displays.

cIVycbw.jpg

wPwlhCM.jpg

bUf5WbD.jpg

cTNASHu.jpg

K4jyeSi.jpg

Microsoft says the new Office touch apps will eventually be "pre-installed for free on phones and small tablets running Windows 10, and available to download from the Windows Store for other devices." It adds that the new apps will be "available with the Windows 10 Technical Preview in the coming weeks and general availability is on track for later this year."
Via Neowin

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Well I think that these free Office Apps for Windows 10 will be enough for me :)

Reactions: Kent

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Well I think that these free Office Apps for Windows 10 will be enough for me :)

I need the Outlook part. No good free Anlternative for that. Need outlook to connect to my office mails using exchange server.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As usual my all time favorite is their Word and Powerpoint, including Access due to the fact it will use for database school works. ;) Very consistent on improving their interface and much better functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.