- Jul 21, 2017
Microsoft January 2023 Patch Tuesday fixes 98 flaws, 1 zero-dayToday is Microsoft's January 2023 Patch Tuesday, and with it comes fixes for an actively exploited zero-day vulnerability and a total of 98 flaws.
This is the first Patch Tuesday of 2023, and it fixes a whopping 98 vulnerabilities, with eleven of them classified as 'Critical.'
Microsoft gave the vulnerabilities this severity rating as they allow remote code execution, bypass security features, or elevate privileges.
The number of bugs in each vulnerability category is listed below:
- 39 Elevation of Privilege Vulnerabilities
- 4 Security Feature Bypass Vulnerabilities
- 33 Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities
- 10 Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities
- 10 Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- 2 Spoofing Vulnerabilities
Today is Microsoft's January 2023 Patch Tuesday, and with it comes fixes for an actively exploited zero-day vulnerability and a total of 98 flaws.