Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
May I ask you why? :) It is shown briefly in an official Microsoft video (Around 0:57).
It's combines multiple security notices from Action Center and Control Panel into one UI.

It's backend will run the same as before and it's not as if you can download to Windows 10 Mobile or Xbox One.

"A Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app can run on any Windows-based device, from your phone to your tablet or PC."
Introduction to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app design

H

hjlbx

It's backend will run the same as before and it's not as if you can download to Windows 10 Mobile or Xbox One.

So only a cosmetic change, instead of improving the real issues with AntiMalware Service causing system slowdowns, very slow scans and the buggy removal\quarantine.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
So only a cosmetic change, instead of improving the real issues with AntiMalware Service causing system slowdowns, very slow scans and the buggy removal\quarantine.
I don't use the Fast Ring, pure speculation for the time being.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I agree Spawn, and it all looks cosmetic, Defender has gotten better
over the past year, but it is still not at a point where I would be comfortable
relying on it, I doubt it will get there within the next 3yrs the way MS does things.

Reactions: Dirk41
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.