midzan21's Work Machine

Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop)
Real-time security
Windows Defender, Shadow Defender
Periodic malware scanners
MalwareBytes AntiMalware Free
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome - AdGuard, TrafficLight, I don't care about cookies, TubeBuddy ; Firefox - uBlock Origin ; Vivaldi 1.0 - uBlock Origin ; IE - integrated bTracking lists
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, Shadow Defender

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Add another On Demand Scanner like Zemana. And an Anti Exploit like Malwarebytes free anti exploit.

Reactions: midzan21

midzan21

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2015
Add another On Demand Scanner like Zemana. And an Anti Exploit like Malwarebytes free anti exploit.

There is EEK on USB drive as another on-demand scanner. For MBAE/HMPA - don't need it just because I got parents learned Linux and they got separate surfing machine based on Linux Mint with weekly backups to one PC which isn't on net but it is LAN only (sort-of NAS with Debian on it)

D

Deleted member 178

Put UAC at default, the dim option is originally a debugging one in case you have issues with the display.

Reactions: midzan21

midzan21

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2015
Put UAC at default, the dim option is originally a debugging one in case you have issues with the display.
For me with UAC on default somwtimes slows my work (especially when need to run Dxtory while in already opened game which want to record some gameplay) so that is reason why it is on don't dim option. Plus SmartScreen on Recommended is OK for my usage of PC which don't include some strange downloads (like cracked games which is, meh, rather would buy it for cheap at Steam/Origin Sales then crack/patch it)

Reactions: Deleted member 178

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.