Computer Activity
  • Online banking
  • Browsing web and email
  • Computer Specifications
    HP Pavilion
    6.00 GB
    64 Bit
    Staff Notes

This setup configuration doesn't have a backup plan. We strongly recommend to add a backup solution for your data so that you can restore it in the case of an emergency.
    Backing up allows the recovery of data that has been lost due of a malware attack (eg. ransomware) or a hard disk crash. In such events you might lose family photos, your music collection, documents, or financial data. Backups are fast and simple to perform so it should be done on a regular basis.

LDogg

Level 28
    Verified
    Please use a form of backup solution such as Macrium reflect as this is the last layer of security that needs adding. Also add Scriptsafe to Google Chrome to round up web browser protection. Thanks for sharing.

~LDogg

bribon77

Level 26
    Verified
    I do not see the need for Malwarebytes in real time along with Kaspersky Internet Security. I don't think KIS is going to miss anything important that I can detect, Malwarebytes.
    As for backups, I agree with what colleagues say are very necessary to this day.
    Thank you for sharing.:giggle:

plat1098

Level 7
    Verified
    Consider to remove Ashampoo and follow suggestions about backups.
    Hi, I'm nosy. No experience with this product but why do you say to remove Ashampoo? Is there something specific about it that would compel one to get rid of it? Simple search reveals a discussion about this item, from 3 years back, with several members saying it's fine, OK, I use it, and a couple of others saying it's "snake oil." So, is it a PUP, does it connect to home base a lot? Does it load up your email w/spam?

brod56

Level 15
    Verified
    Hi, I'm nosy. No experience with this product but why do you say to remove Ashampoo? Is there something specific about it that would compel one to get rid of it? Simple search reveals a discussion about this item, from 3 years back, with several members saying it's fine, OK, I use it, and a couple of others saying it's "snake oil." So, is it a PUP, does it connect to home base a lot? Does it load up your email w/spam?
    It was a suggestion. I haven't used Ashampoo products in a long time, but last time I did, it did nothing good, as with most 'PC cleaners'.

harlan4096

Staff member
    Malware Hunter
    Verified
    @Mike M:
    • Please specify the exact version of KIS and MalwareBytes. I think You don't need to run MWB in resident protection, I would keep it for on demands scans.
    • Enable Device Security -> SmartScreen.
    • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free and Norton Power Eraser.
    • As for "Disk Imaging Backup", You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliably.
    • Consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and/or in cloud.
    • As for "Web Privacy", You may a VPN service. Are You sing AdGuard extension of Desktop product?.
    • A PassWord Manager would be welcome also.
    Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing Your config :giggle: