Mimic KIS Feature Set due to Incompatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsun

Thread author
May 27, 2017
Hey guys - first time poster! :D Created an account just to ask this question.

I've been a long time happy user of KIS. Unfortunately, I have one computer where installation repeatedly fails on (even on a clean windows install). After several back and forths with support, I've decided to move out into the big wide world of other software in an attempt to roll my own suite :)

Basically, I'm looking for advice on replicating the major components of KIS for a setup that's hopefully as secure (more secure?) than what I'm used to. Essentially, with KIS I turn on Application Control and leave everything else more or less default (I do turn off the VPN, safe money, onscreen keyboard). I love it because it's so easy to get what is probably some of the best protection in the industry with so little effort :)

Any how, for this particular computer w/o KIS I've resorted to the following:
UAC to Max
Bitdefender free AV (I already buy KIS and don't want to have to buy another suite)
MBAM 3.1 premium for PUPs and AE (lifetime license)
Voodooshield (I'm hoping that this functions as good or better as application control?)
Windows firewall (If it ain't broke....? Honestly, I never messed with KIS firewall much)
PatchMyPC to replace the program updater in KIS
Browser w/ ublock; https everywhere; privacy badger

My biggest concerns are
1) Does VS replace App control
2) Whether Bitdefender free AV scans things like USB drives and if it has an equivalent cloud component to KIS
3) Is anything major missing? I do use periodic 2nd opinions from HMP and Zemana

I'm not a security guru, just a dude in need of advice trying to throw together similar protection to KIS and just forget about the whole thing ;)

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.