Mindfulness at the computer

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
A mindfulness and self-care application for people spending many hours in front of the computer

The application reminds you to take breaks from the computer,
helps you remember to stay in touch with and be mindful of your breathing and body while sitting at the computer,
and helps you concentrate on your inhaling and exhaling when you need a breathing pause

Prerequisites

The application can be run on Windows and GNU/Linux

License

Mindfulness at the Computer is free software, licensed under the GPLv3

Features

• Following your in-breath and out-breath with a graph displayed
  • Breathe with text help ("Breathing in I know I am breathing in") and write your own texts
  • Receive notifications to remember to be mindful of breathing while the application runs in the background
  • Get reminders when it's time to take a break from the computer while the application runs in the background

You can find screenshots of the application here and download the application here

Project Status and News

This application is currently under development; users or developers are welcome to participate. There is an alpha ("pre-release") version that you can try (see the downloads section)

Subscribe to the newsletter to receive (occasional) email updates about new versions etc.

Credits and Contact Info

Mindfulness at the Computer is made by SunyataZero. You can reach him at tord (dot) dellsen (at) gmail (dot) com.
Detailed credits can be found in the "Help" -> "About" menu inside the application

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

This app should be mandatory for some members :p

There is the equivalent of this app but for paranoia? The app looking up what you are writing and then alert you when you enter into a privacy/security paranoia mindset :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Thete is the equivalent of this app but for paranoia? The app looking up what you are writing and then alert you when you enter into a privacy/security paranoia mindset :p

Yes, there is a Paranoia Version of the app. I downloaded it. Thanks.

But it started spying on me.

I had to download several new security apps to try to stop the Paranoia Version app from spying on me. And then one of those apps started spying on me.

Then I did a Windows 10 fresh install and went and bought a gun.

1578807856053.png

~~ Stay Paranoid My Friends ~~

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I actually downloaded this "suspicious" open-source app. It runs on Python and is actually quite nice! I need this, especially now.

Very simple, pleasing sounds and visual reminders to "get the hell off of MT"! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: 🧘‍♂️🧘‍♂️🧘‍♂️ I am breathing in ... .... I am breathing out. Ahhh!

This one gets the @oldschool (y)(y) Get it now!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.