• Quick System & Disk Backup
  • Differential & Incremental Backup
  • Scheduled & Customized Backup
  • Bare Metal & Dissimilar Restore
  • WinPE Bootable Builder
  • For Win XP/7/8/10 All Editions
What's New for This Fixed Version:
  • Valid before May 1st. 2017.
  • Bug fix for Bootable Media Builder fails to create WinPE based bootable media.
  • Enables to detect the current system drivers automatically or add more drivers manually.
  • Automatically detects whether the system partition has low disk space and puts forward solutions.
  • Automatically detects whether the USB flash drive is MBR drive and shows prompt if not.
  • Bug fix for MiniTool System Backup freezes sometimes under maximized window.
  • Bug fix for PXE service fails to initialize network.
Capture.PNG

backup-screenshot-lg-1.jpg

backup-screenshot-lg-2.jpg

backup-screenshot-lg-3.jpg

backup-screenshot-lg-4.jpg

blakeclaire

Apr 27, 2017
I really need a powerful backup tool to help with my backup work. Hope this can be a great choice. Looking forward to it

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
I will have to keep an eye on this as MiniTools other products are excellent so this should be a good tool also, well hopefully anyway. :)

Yes , they certainly do make excellent products .
Many times I have screwed up USBs so badly with Linux installs that they won't mount and are not recognised .

Minitool Partition Wizard has recovered them for me when all else has failed ( reformatting , GParted etc ).

Even so , system backups are so vital to me that there is no way I would trust them to Beta software .
It's definitely one to watch though !

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
Update: I am abandoning testing. On testing restore on real hardware, I find that the only trustworthy means of selecting the target drive is missing. WHen your setup is like mine with three internal drive the only valid way to be sure of which disk is which is by unique label. They don't provide that so I won't risk a restore.

ROFL. The Rollbackfrog over at wilders spotted something I missed but kind of sums up the problems with this product. Look at the diagram in the first post, 2nd layer middle box. "Bare Mental" restore. That sums up the carelessness of all the text through out the product. Doesn't show a lot of effort put into this product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Deletedmessiah

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I will give a try for sure, I don't really need of it because I am fine with Macrium but I love the backup engine.
Considering it is in beta I think I will test it on the other spare computer.

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Update: I am abandoning testing. On testing restore on real hardware, I find that the only trustworthy means of selecting the target drive is missing. WHen your setup is like mine with three internal drive the only valid way to be sure of which disk is which is by unique label. They don't provide that so I won't risk a restore.
What does unique label mean here?

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
What it means is I put in a disk label on each drive. My C: drive is Primary, my F: drive is secondary and my G: drive is Tertiary. When I boot into the recovery environment, the drive letters may be scambled so if D: is labeled Primary, that would be my drive I would restore. It isn't to bad when you only have one internal drive, but when you have 3 and they are all the same model no. doing a restore is just to risky

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

Jenneq668

May 11, 2016
minitool shadowmaker beta 4.0 was newly released. it added the function:
1. Show disk health status
2. Back up files/folders

I've downloaded it from their official website. hopefully it could deal with my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.